Checker Cabs Uberize, Completely Rebrand as zTripSeptember 11, 2016 0 comments Print Article
Following a couple of years of very stiff competition and litigious reactions to ride share apps, the industry has decided to embrace the innovations offered by services like Uber and Lyft, while combining them with the advantages that licensed cab operations already offer. As a result, the massive company that owns checker and yellow cab is rebranding and rolling out a hybridized (and greatly improved) service called zTrip. Integrating an app and mobile driven user experience without the off-putting 'peak pricing', the company has additionally added new ways to simplify and control the ride experience. Check it out:
From the Press Release:
JACKSONVILLE, FL --- zTrip, a new innovative taxi service, will launch with a fleet of 80 cars, but this will quickly be growing to 300 vehicles in the North Florida market. zTrip combines the trust and safety of a taxi service with the ease and speed of an on-demand car service app, providing benefits not available from any other competing “Car Hailing” service in the area.
Jacksonville’s residents and students now have a safe alternative to the questionable “electronic hitchhiking” trend that rideshare apps have created.
“Unlike our competitors, we aren’t fighting background checks, we are embracing them,” says Bill George, President of Taxi for zTrip. “As a busy parent, I wanted a service that could transport my kids to their after-school activities or my mom to her doctor appointments. zTrip provides the solution to put parents at ease, without sacrificing the technology enhancements riders are accustomed to using.”
zTrip stands out from the competition, providing features like:
· No surge pricing – zTrip offers the same low price every time, whether it’s 2 p.m. or 2 a.m.;
· Professional and licensed drivers – zTrip drivers receive full fingerprint background checks so that you don’t have to worry about who is driving you home;
· 24/7 live customer service – You can talk to a live support team member anytime;
· The ability to choose your favorite zTrip driver;
· Jacksonville-based and locally operated by Brad and Tammy Braddock – You can support a local company without sacrificing cost or safety.
“We are excited to introduce zTrip to the Jacksonville market,” says George. “zTrip was designed to combine the best features of the new e-hailing transportation services, along with the safety and security of licensed and inspected taxicabs. We are committed to providing every traveler with a new level of personal transportation service.”
Additional features of zTrip include:
· Hail on the street, by phone, or with the zTrip app – You don’t have to wait on the curb for a car to arrive;
· Book for now or later – You don’t have to wait to make transportation arrangements until the last minute;
· Choose if you want to pay cash or credit card or through the app – No other service provides this flexibility.
In the coming weeks, Jacksonville will get its chance to experience the new zTrip service at a variety of upcoming community events including Wet Your Whistle Wednesdays (September 29 and October 19); Beer Fest (September 30-October 1); and the Aging True Golf Classic, benefitting Meals on Wheels (October 11).
zTrip is the latest service offering by Transdev On Demand, the largest on-demand transportation provider in the United States. zTrip provides the safest and most cost-effective ride with transparent pricing and professionally trained, licensed, and insured drivers.
zTrip gives you the most control over your transportation with taxi or black car options, now or later pickups, cash or credit payments, and phone or street hailing. Backed by more than 25 years of experience, zTrip is committed to providing the safest rides.
For more information, visit zTrip at www.ztrip.com.