Excitement is in the air as the long awaited One Spark Festival kicks off tonight in downtown Jacksonville's Hemming Plaza. Here is a brief overview of the five day crowdfunding event.
What Is One Spark?
Download here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/one-spark/id630800549?ls=1&mt=8
Download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beonespark.OneSpark&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5iZW9uZXNwYXJrLk9uZVNwYXJrIl0
One Spark is a five-day event for creators. From April 17 - 21, 2013, artists, entrepreneurs, and innovators will display projects in a 1.5 mile radius, multi-venue gallery in downtown Jacksonville, Florida. One Spark is a belief that game-changers emerge from dorm rooms, garages, and small studios. It’s the community behind great ideas. It’s your chance to submit and decide on the next big thing. It’s the opportunity to get involved, be inspired, connect and collaborate.
- Open to All: Anyone can be a creator; One Spark venues will be made up of nearly anywhere and everywhere in the urban core.
- Grassroots & Independent: One Spark is built on the premise that the next great creation will likely come from a garage, small studio, or dorm room. Creators will pair up with venues, independently, on our website. Our organization does not select any of the creators or venues that make up the event.
- Empowered Public: The $250,000 One Spark fund will be distributed based on public vote; the public can also contribute directly to the entrant in any amount.
- 5 Packed Days: During the actual event, we'll have the creator showcases, speakers, culinary experiences, music, and what we like to call "spectacles."
$250k Guaranteed Crowdfund Based On Public Votes
One Spark connects ideas with funding. Creators can raise money for their projects in two ways:
1. Win votes and snag a slice of the $250,000 guaranteed crowdfund. Crowdfund monies will be distributed by popular vote. So say a creator receives 10% of the vote. That creator would receive 10% of the fund or $25,000.
2. Dress to impress individual contributors. Visitors can contribute any amount to any project. While $5, $25, or $100 may seem incremental, these direct contributions add up quickly.
Experience One Spark
One Spark is built on the belief that game-changers emerge from dorm rooms, garages, and small studios. For five days in April 2013, One Spark lights up Downtown Jacksonville. More than 500 Creators will display their work in over 65 Venues and Spaces, all vying for $250,000 in crowdfunding, up to $1 million in capital investments, and immediate individual investments.
How It Works
By day, Creators set up in the Creator Zone, transforming ordinary Venues (museums, public parks, restaurants, high-rises, etc.) into dynamic platforms. Creators pitch ideas from Community First Pitch Deck(s) and perform live on public stages. Locals and visitors alike converge downtown, eager to experience One Spark for themselves. Attendees check in to validate voter registration, then take off to cast votes and contribute to projects that inspire them. Major investors roam city streets, looking to throw down on the world’s next big thing.
At night, the Entertainment District comes alive. Live music spills out onto the streets. Movers and shakers hash out late-night business plans on the backs of napkins. Street performers engage and delight visitors. An eclectic mix of things to do and people to see, Entertainment District Spaces offer everything from exclusive VIP parties to come-as-you-are gatherings at local watering holes.
For more information visit Be One Spark
April 17, 2013 Opening Ceremonies
From the organizers of One Spark
Join us for the moment we've all been waiting for. We're starting One Spark 2013 off with a bang! The One Spark Opening Ceremony will be a high energy event the whole family can enjoy.
- Featured musical guest, the SUNBEARS! performing live starting at 6:00pm
- Jacksonville Jaguars D-Line & ROAR Cheerleaders
- Dozens of street performers & hundreds of Creator Projects
- Tasty bites in the One Spark Food Village
- Learn about voting, the entertainment district and all things One Spark 2013
We've also got a few surprises in store. Be sure to get downtown early and grab a good spot at Hemming Plaza. One Spark opens at 3pm with Opening Ceremonies at 6pm. Let us know you'll be there - head over to our Facebook Page for more details. Click here.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904-250-0070