Ambassador Hotel Project Seeks Conceptual ApprovalMay 2, 2013 26 comments Print Article
After being directed to go back to the drawing board in March, Birmingham-based Arbour Valley Development is back with more detail on their plans for the restoration of the Ambassador Hotel. Here is a look at the presentation they'll be giving at today's Downtown Development Review Board meeting.
Based on the foregoing, the Downtown Development Review Board Staff recommends conceptual approval of DDRB Application 2013-003 subject to the following conditions:
1. Prior to final approval, the applicant shall show compliance with Sec.656.361.13. – Entrances, or receive a deviation to not provide an entrance on the Church Street frontage.
2. Prior to final approval, the applicant shall provide complete design information for the proposed clubhouse addition on the rooftop so as to comply with Sec. 656.361.15. – Rooftop Design or receive a deviation from the development guidelines for an alternative design.
3. Prior to final approval, the applicant shall provide complete parking design and layout so as to comply with Sec.656.361.16. – Off-Street Parking Overlay or receive a deviation from development guidelines for an alternative design.
4. Prior to final approval, the applicant shall provide complete parking and trash, loading, and screening for the adjacent surface parking lot so as to comply with Sec.656.361.17. –Surface Parking, Trash, Storage and Loading Area Screening and Landscaping Requirements, or receive a deviation from the guidelines for an alternative design.
5. Prior to final approval, the applicant shall show compliance with the Streetscape Design Standards so as to comply with Sec. 656.361.20. –Streetscape Design Standards, or receive a deviation from the guidelines for an alternative design.
6. Prior to final approval, the applicant shall obtain approval from the Jacksonville Historic Preservation Commission.
The Downtown Development Review Board (DDRB) meeting will be held Thursday, May 2, 2013 - 2:00pm at City Hall (117 West Duval Street).
About Arbour Valley Development, LLC.
Arbour Valley Development, LLC was founded by principals with backgrounds in real estate acquisition, land development and syndication, single-family and multi-family construction, and mortgage banking and real estate finance. Our market-rate projects complement their communities with attractive amenities, spacious and original floor plans, and numerous features that set us apart from other residential complexes. And our affordable housing projects, designed to provide very attractive and comfortable housing with rental rate and income caps, allow local governments to attract a plentiful entry-level labor force, enabling city managers and economic development directors to bring businesses to their communities.
Our projects utilize state-of-the art best-practice construction techniques, are environmentally conscious, strive to maximize green space, and accentuate a “work-play” environment. Whether it is high-speed wireless internet provided community-wide, or central gazebos designed as community gathering points, or nine-foot vaulted ceilings and screened porches, an Arbour Valley Development project is designed with the resident, the community, and the environment in mind.
Most importantly, our residential developments are run by competent, personable managers who know the apartment business and make our residents feel like valued customers and neighbors rather than numbers.
An Arbour Valley Development residential development inspires pride in all of its partners: its owners and managers; its residents, and its communities.
For more information on Arbour Valley Development: http://www.arbourvalley.com/company.html
Update by Ennis Davis