Wednesday, October 22, 2014

12 Hours of Sebring at Sebring International Raceway

Marcelo Murillo captured the 12 hour event at Sebring International Raceway on March 15, 2014.

Published March 22, 2014 in News      7 Comments    Open printer friendly version of this article Print Article

Around the Track

1 2 3 4 NEXT

strider

March 22, 2014, 12:05:31 PM
In my youth, I was an aspiring race car driver.  Won't bore anyone with the details but let's just say that my dream was races like this but while fast, I never was consistent nor dedicated enough and a friend who was a touch slower sometimes and much more consistent and dedicated did indeed drive at Sebring.  The closest I got was that I owned a car that ran Sebring in 1971.

Great pictures and thanks for sharing this on Metrojacksonville.

dougskiles

March 22, 2014, 05:37:53 PM

Great pictures and thanks for sharing this on Metrojacksonville.

Are you trying to tell us you are the STIG?

Nothing boring about race cars.  Let's see a pic of the car you ran in 71.

strider

March 22, 2014, 09:15:50 PM
STIG?  I wish.  Cool job.  I did know a couple of test drivers for Goodyear in the day (I think I hate that phrase) they all seemed to enjoy their work.

The car I owned in 1973 that ran Sebring in 1971 was a 1969 Lotus Cortina.  I have no idea if I still have a picture of that car.  It was a private entry that did not do all that well.   I parted it out long ago, with the last part, the steering wheel going back to England about 6 or 7 years ago (It hung on my wall for a long time).

Since you asked for a picture though, here is the last race car I owned.  A 1969 Titan Mk 5 vintage Formula Ford.  (OK, so it is the next post - I couldn't remember how to put a pic on so Sheclown did it for me.)

sheclown

March 22, 2014, 09:17:00 PM

dougskiles

March 23, 2014, 11:46:00 AM
That looks like a Formula Ford I saw at Amelia last weekend.  I love those vintage race cars.

St Pete Grand Prix next weekend...

Noone

March 23, 2014, 12:27:36 PM
Nice work. You captured a lot of emotions.

Ethylene

March 24, 2014, 01:34:35 PM
St Pete Grand Prix next weekend...

Yah, u betcha!