City Kidz Special Events Center Coming to SpringfieldJuly 29, 2010 8 comments Print Article
Springfield's City Kidz Ice Cream Cafe has expansion plans underway that promise to add more life to Main Street.
Coming Soon: The City Kidz Special Event Center
A look inside the Special Events space currently under construction.
The City Kidz Special Event Center will be a 150-seat multi purpose facility and art gallery that will feature live entertainment and offer space to the public for special events such catered corporate events, parties, receptions, baby showers and socials.
City Kidz Theme Events
In addition to an expansion of space and events, new menu items such as the homemade Oreo Espresso Chip ice cream (pictured above) will be added to the mix.
The Special Events Center will house several themed events on a regular basis including:
- The Wednesday Live Jazz Trio Lunch Buffet every Wednesday from 12-2PM.
- The Friday After-Work Mixer w Live Entertainment from 5-8PM.
- The Jazz & Gospel Brunch on Saturday's & Sunday's 10:00AM-2:00PM
- The Walls of the Special Event Center will serve as an Art Gallery displaying local art.
- Special Event Center Full Display Art Gallery & Auction w Live Entertainment.
Social Entrepreneurship Programs & Initiatives
A look inside the existing City Kidz Ice Cream Cafe. City Kidz offers an assortment of sandwiches, salads and desserts.
City Kidz Special Events Center will also house two social entrepreneurship programs:
- City Kidz Financial Literacy Entrepreneurship Boot Camp for Youth.
- City Kidz Culinary Arts Incubator for Teens.
The City Kidz Special Events Center is scheduled to open in September and will be located at 3rd & Main in the Springfield Historic District. For more information:
Development Update by Ennis Davis