Retail Development Proposed for Brooklyn
The long anticipated Brooklyn infill retail project proposed by Fuqua Development of Atlanta appears to be moving forward. Plans, which include a grocery store, pharmacy and restaurant outparcels have been submitted to the Downtown Development Review Board for conceptual review.
Published April 4, 2013 in Development - MetroJacksonville.com
The applicant is requesting conceptual review for the proposed retail development located at 0 Riverside Avenue. The development consists of two project parcels described as follows: Parcel 1- bound on the north by Magnolia Street, on the west by Jackson Street, on the south by Riverside Avenue and on the east by Stonewall Street. Parcel 2 – bound on the north by Magnolia Street, on the west by Stonewall Street, the south by Riverside Avenue, east by vacant property and a circular access to Leila Street.
Parcel 1 includes 3 proposed buildings totaling 38,700 square feet and Parcel 2 includes 1 proposed building of 15,000 square feet, both parcels total 53,700 square feet of single story development. The project provides 196 parking spaces and shows two drive-through facilities, one located on each parcel. The drive-through facilities will require an application for an exception with the Planning and Development Department and final review and approval by the DDRB. The site has a number of unique characteristics that include extreme grade changes, locational issues regarding existing utility lines, client specific development requirements, and JTA easements for future development that include aerial restrictions along Riverside Avenue frontage. Presently, the site is vacant and undergoing remediation for ash contamination. The proposed conceptual development information provided by the applicant shows general streetscape, parking and building massing, all which must be further addressed with detail design, prior to DDRB final approval. The applicant is requesting conceptual approval.
Based on the foregoing, the Downtown Development Review Board staff recommends conceptual approval of DDRB Application 2013-008 subject to the following conditions:
1. Prior to final DDRB approval, the applicant will show compliance with Section 656.361.11.-Setback or “Build to Lines” for buildings not providing pedestrian orientation to Riverside Avenue, Jackson Street, and Stonewall Street or receive a deviation from the DDRB.
2. Prior to final DDRB approval, the applicant receive final approval for exceptions to allow drive-through facilities on Parcel 1 and Parcel 2.
3. Prior to final DDRB approval, the applicant to show compliance with Section 656.361.13.-entrances for buildings not providing entrances to Jackson Street, Magnolia Street, and Stonewall Street or receive a deviation from the DDRB.
4. Prior to final DDRB approval, the applicant to receive approval from Department of Public Works for angular parking on to property from public right-of-way and show compliance with Section 656.361.16. Off-Street Parking Overlay or receive a deviation from the DDRB to increase parking spaces.
5. Prior to final DDRB approval, applicant to receive approval from Traffic Engineering for project access including design and location for Jackson Street, Magnolia Street and Stonewall Street.
6. Prior to final DDRB approval, applicant to show compliance with Section 656.361.18.- Transparency for buildings facing Jackson Street, Magnolia Street, and Stonewall Street or receive a deviation from the DDRB.
7. Prior to final DDRB approval, applicant to provide documentation addressing surface parking over May Street right–of-way for buildings located on Parcel 2.
8. Prior to final DDRB approval, applicant to provide complete landscape and hardscape drawings showing compliance with Section 656.361.20.-Streetscape Design Standards including pedestrian areas adjacent to Riverside Avenue. Plans not meeting the Streetscape Design Standards shall receive a deviation from the DDRB.
This project will be on the Downtown Development Review Board's (DDRB) April 4, 2013 meeting agenda. The meeting will be held at:
City Hall at St. James, 117 West Duval Street
Lynwood Roberts Room
Thursday, April 4, 2013 - 2:00 p.m.
Development update by Ennis Davis
Source: DDRB April 3, 2013 Meeting Agenda
This article can be found at: https://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2013-apr-retail-development-proposed-for-brooklyn