Hendricks Avenue Streetscape: Photo Tour
The Hendricks Avenue project extends approximately one mile from Mitchell Avenue to Prudential Drive through a predominantly commercial area. The existing road is a four-lane arterial with no left turn lanes. There is an FEC railroad crossing near the I-95 overpass that will remain. The proposed road is a three-lane section. The project will include bike lanes and widened decorative sidewalks. Other improvements include historic lighting and landscaping. Existing signalized intersections will be improved to accommodate the new roadway configuration and to install mast arm type signals. Existing overhead utilities will be relocated underground to provide a more aesthethically pleasing corridor. -- DowntownJacksonville.org
Published November 12, 2006 in Neighborhoods - MetroJacksonville.com
PHOTO LOCATOR MAP
1. Hendricks Avenue, just north of I-95, looking towards the Southbank. New condo towers loom in the background.
2. Hendricks, just south of the FEC railroad crossing. This particular area was the civic heart of the city of South Jacksonville, before it's 1930's consolidation with Jacksonville.
2A. Jack Rabbits is a popular live music venue and club along Hendricks Avenue.
3. Corner of Hendricks and Landon Avenue, looking South.
4. Corner of Hendricks and LaSalle , looking North
4A. Tropical Smoothie is located on the SW corner of Hendricks and LaSalle. The outdoor dining area faces Hendricks Avenue.
5. Looking north along Hendricks Avenue, at the Atlantic Blvd intersection.
6. Uncommon Grounds is a popular local coffeehouse located on the SW corner of Hendricks and Atlantic.
6A. Looking North along Hendricks, just south of Atlantic Blvd in San Marco Square.
7. Matthews Restaurant.
This article can be found at: https://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2006-nov-hendricks-avenue-streetscape-photo-tour