Author Topic: Friendship Fountain Restoration Project To Break Ground  (Read 40375 times)

Bob_Johnson

• Home of Friendship Fountain
Re: Friendship Fountain Restoration Project To Break Ground
« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »
Just got an email from Ginny Walthour with the COJ Public Information Office...

I will let the image speak for itself ;)

danem

• hoot hoot
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »
I just saw the video; that's really cool. I wasn't expecting a musical Bellagio Jr.!  ;D

Dog Walker

« Reply #242 on: June 07, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »
And really good graphic design on the logo for the park!  Who did that one?  Somebody deserves a back pat in public.
When all else fails hug the dog.

acme54321

« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »
Bob, will there be light tonight?

Bob_Johnson

« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2011, 10:48:09 PM »
Bob, will there be light tonight?

Sorry I was already at the Fountain when you posted.  There was light, man was there light :)

I just got home so won't be able to upload stuff until tomorrow but they ran through the Patriotic Program two full times and i got video and pictures.

For those of you on Twitter check out the hashtag #FriendshipFountain for the pictures I took with my Dell Streak while I was there.

I will post more tomorrow but I can say without question Jacksonville has it's Signature landmark back better than ever!

Edit:  The Mayor was there for the second run through along with a number of other city personal including Eric Lindstrom from the JEDC

-Bob
JaxFountain.com
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:59:17 PM by Bob_Johnson »

blizz01

« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2011, 10:54:32 PM »
+1

Bob_Johnson

« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2011, 12:21:45 AM »
Here is a retro cam shot I took with my Dell Streak tonight.  Sure looks much more inviting than the Fountain of old.

Will post again later tomorrow (today) when I get some of the pictures and videos uploaded...

-Bob
JaxFountain.com

Bob_Johnson

« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2011, 10:08:20 AM »
I am still working on all the videos and pictures but I did want to get a link posted as soon as possible.

The Below URL contains 9 YouTube videos of the Program run last night, from ground level, as well as a partial Tour of the the new Friendship Fountain Park.
http://www.JaxFountain.com/FriendshipFountainDisplay2011.php

I will be tweaking things as the day goes on but the URL will remain the same.  I will also be posting up an additional file with 9 more YouTube videos as I was able to shoot the program a second time from the Pump House Roof and as soon as that is ready I will add the URL.

But no matter what nothing can compare to actually being there and watching, it is just awesome!

Edit: Pump House Roof Videos: http://www.jaxfountain.com/FriendshipFountainDisplay2011PumpHouse.php

-Bob
JaxFountain.com
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:41:27 AM by Bob_Johnson »

Bob_Johnson

« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2011, 12:01:37 PM »
Ok the pictures are up and here is a couple I like...

http://jaxfountain.com/Gallery/Jun092011

Remember one week Saturday June 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM ET Friendship Fountain Grand Reopening...

Hope to see you there,
Bob
JaxFountain.com

hightowerlover

« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »
that landscaping really makes all the difference in the world, it's like the gem of jacksonville all shined up and reset in platinum.

duvaldude08

« Reply #250 on: June 10, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »
Bob-

Just looked out the window and the middle steam is shooting its highest that Ive seen it! That looks freaky. It scared the crap out of me when I looked out the window. I do see the water is not very controled and is spraying everywhere. I wish it could go that high all the time.
Jaguars 2.0

Bob_Johnson

« Reply #251 on: June 10, 2011, 02:20:30 PM »
They may be working on setting the wind controls, determining where to set the thresholds...

There is concern about the overspray beyond Human discomfort/safety...   Grass doesn't like chlorine...

-Bob

duvaldude08

« Reply #252 on: June 10, 2011, 02:44:39 PM »
They may be working on setting the wind controls, determining where to set the thresholds...

There is concern about the overspray beyond Human discomfort/safety...   Grass doesn't like chlorine...

-Bob

I work on the 7th floor of the prudential building. So it was spraying HIGH. It will be nice to see how high its going to be set.
Jaguars 2.0

Riverrat

« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »
The renovations at Friendship Fountain are remarkable!!! What a GEM for the city!!! I'm so excited that Jacksonville is finally getting in the game of making everything more aesthetically pleasing. My only concern (and I hate to be negative) is how long the fountain lasts at this gorgeous state...I'm thinking about the Main Street Bridge here where it doesn't fully light anymore and the LED doesn't work any more...I would hope that with the amount of money invested in this project, the city keeps up with it!

wsansewjs

« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2011, 04:36:38 PM »
The renovations at Friendship Fountain are remarkable!!! What a GEM for the city!!! I'm so excited that Jacksonville is finally getting in the game of making everything more aesthetically pleasing. My only concern (and I hate to be negative) is how long the fountain lasts at this gorgeous state...I'm thinking about the Main Street Bridge here where it doesn't fully light anymore and the LED doesn't work any more...I would hope that with the amount of money invested in this project, the city keeps up with it!

Wait, the blue lights on the main street bridge is LED-based?

-Josh
"When I take over JTA, the PCT'S will become artificial reefs and thus serve a REAL purpose. - OCKLAWAHA"

"Stephen intends on running for office in the next election (2014)." - Stephen Dare