Author Topic: Friendship Fountain Restoration Project To Break Ground  (Read 40392 times)

north miami

Re: Friendship Fountain Restoration Project To Break Ground
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2011, 01:20:31 PM »
I took walk over on my break it is beautiful. I have been to the fountain many times. And today I had an overwhelming feeling. (I know thats sounds corny but its so true.)

My wife and I experienced the same overwhelm during the past Jazz Festival.Among recent others.The Fountain is the latest renewal metaphor.

In the past going Downtown seemed as if visiting a friend in a Critical Care wing.........now our friend is looking forward to recovery.

duvaldude08

« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:01 PM »
I took walk over on my break it is beautiful. I have been to the fountain many times. And today I had an overwhelming feeling. (I know that's sounds corny but its so true.)

My wife and I experienced the same overwhelm during the past Jazz Festival.Among recent others.The Fountain is the latest renewal metaphor.

In the past going Downtown seemed as if visiting a friend in a Critical Care wing.........now our friend is looking forward to recovery.

I Did at the Jazz Fest Also! I had a feeling of " Wow Jacksonville is finally growing up." The way we pulled off the Jazz Fest shows me alot about this city and how much we have grown. I think we are finally experiencing the effects of the super bowl. That was a HUGE learning experience for us.  I was upset about the criticism that I heard, actually hurt by it, but as a city it helped us to realize our short coming's. Progress has been slow going (due to leadership), but things are finally taking off.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:49:24 PM by duvaldude08 »
Jaguars 2.0

Doctor_K

• Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rod!
    • Carolina Fusion
« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »

Succinct, apt, and accurate.  Very well said. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."  -- Albert Einstein

Coolyfett

• Mike Hogan Destruction Eruption!
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2011, 08:32:24 PM »
I took walk over on my break it is beautiful. I have been to the fountain many times. And today I had an overwhelming feeling. (I know that's sounds corny but its so true.)

Very interesting.

I Did at the Jazz Fest Also! I had a feeling of " Wow Jacksonville is finally growing up." The way we pulled off the Jazz Fest shows me alot about this city and how much we have grown. I think we are finally experiencing the effects of the super bowl. That was a HUGE learning experience for us.  I was upset about the criticism that I heard, actually hurt by it, but as a city it helped us to realize our short coming's. Progress has been slow going (due to leadership), but things are finally taking off.

Very Interesting.
Mike Hogan Destruction Eruption!

letters and numbers

« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2011, 01:12:29 AM »
you know I think it looks best at night after the lef zepplain show at mosh

Bob_Johnson

• Home of Friendship Fountain
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2011, 11:49:49 AM »
Wow just got back from the Grand Reopening of Friendship Park and Fountain.  There was a very nice crowd for the grand reopening and it was just great.

The biggest thrill for me was when the Formalities were over just seeing all those folks enjoying the Fountain and New park, just a great sight to see...

Will be uploading pictures and videos later today and posting at JaxFountain.com

Celebrate Jacksonville, Our Fountain is back!

-Bob
JaxFountain.com

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2011, 12:34:45 PM »
It was a great time.
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump

JeffreyS

« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2011, 12:46:58 PM »
It was a good day for the mayor.  Mr Peyton talked about this, Laura street and the river walk improvements making downtown ready for developers as the recession ends.

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2011, 01:32:03 PM »
what a great time at the fountain this morning. It was cool seeing so many who post here.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #279 on: June 18, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »
Here are a few images:

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

tufsu1

« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2011, 03:16:40 PM »
what a great time at the fountain this morning. It was cool seeing so many who post here.

+1

I must say...Lake's pics are far better than mine....shame on me for using my cell phone camera!

north miami

« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2011, 04:42:33 PM »

Could not make the opening,but looking forward to a stroll this evening.No doubt will spend a few bucks within eyesight of the fountain.A toast to the Fountain caretakers.Yea!!
In the past spontaneous Downtown visits a bit rare even for one who resides nearby.

Recent positive events for Downtown make for feelings of confidence and anticipation.

XO

Bob_Johnson

« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »
I just finished uploading the Video's of the Ceremony, sound came out pretty good.  I broke it up into
6 separate segments and they are Titled in order:
Friendship Fountain Grand Reopening Ceremony Pt 1 - Friendship Fountain Grand Reopening Ceremony Pt 6

http://www.youtube.com/JaxFountain

-Bob

JeffreyS

« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2011, 05:39:25 PM »
Here are a few of my pics.

The Wet side of the Fountain.

Bob_Johnson

« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2011, 08:21:33 PM »
Flash Mob during Friendship Fountain Grand reopening posted to YouTube:
http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/403251/gary-mills/2011-06-18/flash-mob-celebrates-friendship-fountains-reopening

Nice crowd :)

-Bob
JaxFountain.com
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:26:52 PM by Bob_Johnson »