Author Topic: 2030 Mobility Plan: Development Zones  (Read 5085 times)

ricker

Re: 2030 Mobility Plan: Development Zones
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
so much to absorb...
anyone out there know for certain as of late, if the bike/ped portion of the 2030plan will actually kick off to completion within these next 5 years? by 2015?

I have reports and and an overlay to finish drafting.. .

HELP (with facts_no speculation_no teasing please)

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 08:57:12 PM »
To completion? Maybe not, but well under way? If this is approved without some yahoo's cutting the hell out of it, then it's a given that funding will be in place and steps toward construction could began almost immediately. Remember that SB360 DOES NOT leave much wiggle room for the tire-hugger's to hide behind.

BTW, If you are drawing official plans, PLEASE look into the Pottsburg Creek - Julington Creek Greenway and trail that was proposed by Lakelander? MJ? Anyway it might just be the single best idea for bikes and pedestrians the Southside of the city has ever had.

OCKLAWAHA

ricker

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »
thank you!
I will!
I love homework.

north miami

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »
Does this plan have any teeth that will prevent sprawl, or is it another study that will get tossed aside?

Pivotal events during the mid-late 90's and early 2000 -all upfront under the heading and guise of "Growth Mamanagement" will assure 'sprawl'.The 2030 Plan incorporates the decisions and features of that era.

Our recent furious glares at evil Central Florida during water wars were myopic.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »
This plan makes it more expensive to build farther out then close in. It incorporates none of the previous thought was was 100% SPRAWL based, and in fact was drawn with huge input from MetroJacksonville and its readers. Do tell North Miami, just what parts of it are in fact found per your statement, "The 2030 Plan incorporates the decisions and features of that era."

REALLY?

OCKLAWAHA

north miami

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 05:05:24 PM »
[b

Do tell North Miami, just what parts of it are in fact found per your statement, "The 2030 Plan incorporates the decisions and features of that era."

REALLY?[/b]

OCKLAWAHA

?????  Are you kidding??
MJ forum becomming fuzzy-

Not the Mobility Plan per se
My comments were to the comment abvout limiting future 'sprawl. and my point is that we have committed.

SW Duval County Brannon/Chaffee  The westward leap frog over Little Black Creek belt is classic sprawl. Beltway.Key events included Mayor Delaney's nudge for approval of the DOT Brannon Chaffee permit application for what was widely acknowledged to be the first leg of the Beltway.I could go on but there is no point.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:13:29 PM by north miami »

CS Foltz

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 05:37:13 PM »
north miami...........I agree with you! The stepping stones for sprawl are being put into place! The 9A extension is one part and the Beltway is slowly coming into fruition........not good over the long haul I would think!

tufsu1

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 07:55:09 PM »
but wait...some of you live in sprawl!

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 08:38:05 PM »
Who lives in SPRAWL TU... Hell, we're building our own live-work-play city out here in the sticks... hee hee!  i don't think WGV, SAWGRASS, NOCATEE or PALENCIA communities are the problem as much as the quick tract developers that slap 300 homes up without anything but the minimum supporting infrastructure.

OCKLAWAHA

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/p_B0jVO4cvA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/p_B0jVO4cvA?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Ernest Street

• Neighborhood Watchdog
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »
I hate to sound retro in this thread,But I happen to live in the Historic 5-Points neighborhood that was a strong CORE part of the downtown link after the Great Fire.I am Riverside.
We had to swallow this enlargement of I-10 for the sake of progress..now our neighborhood is enveloped in this LOUD snarling ribbon of freeway so folks can conveniently get to the Southside or Northside. We watched 60 foot concrete towers make shadows on a former street car line road (Margaret st) and we haven't gotten those sound barrier walls that you see on I-95
This incorporation of our County has not been good to anyone.  Just stretching things too thin..
To those that cut through our neighborhood in your daily commute..please take the Monster expressway.
If you use Post or College, please put your exhaust from your V-8 Trucks and SUV'S on the expressway!
When it's foggy around here the carbon Monoxide from your Soccer Mama Pick-up or  Explorer is Choking us! :P
It blows in 4 blocks and settles around our windows...
Does everyone in this town HAVE to drive a HUGE V-8 Pick-up? Kinda funny watching tiny men and woman try to drive such Huge vehicles..Yea this is you if the shoe fits.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:12:18 PM by Ernest Street »

Charles Hunter

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »
Sprawl?  I have heard there is a 500+ acre development going thru the process out near Maxville.  Will the Mobility Fee disincentivize this, or are they getting in before it becomes effective?

dougskiles

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 08:13:11 AM »
I'm concerned that the cost differential in the Mobility Plan between the urban core areas and the rural fringe isn't enough to truly encourage infill development....that said, I've also heard that developers think the mobility fees are too high...so time will tell.

I was very concerned about this too when I first read the plan because the difference is only about 25% which may not be quite enough to make a significant difference.  However, there is an adjustment to the fee which I believe may lead to a more significant change:

From the 2030 Multimodal Transportation Study:
The developer will benefit from locating a new project within a half mile of established jobs, shopping, transit, bicycle and pedestrian facilities by receiving the following trip adjustment measures.

dougskiles

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 08:15:02 AM »
For comparison, a single family house generates about 10 trips/day...so the mobility fee in the urban zones would be around $4,000

The numbers that we heard in the presentation were based on $24/VMT, so the single family home fee would be $2400.

tufsu1

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 09:03:52 AM »
correct....the fee was reduced from $51 to $24 through the task force review process

ricker

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 12:48:19 AM »
I hate to sound retro in this thread,But I happen to live in the Historic 5-Points neighborhood that was a strong CORE part of the downtown link after the Great Fire.I am Riverside.
We had to swallow this enlargement of I-10 for the sake of progress..now our neighborhood is enveloped in this LOUD snarling ribbon of freeway so folks can conveniently get to the Southside or Northside. We watched 60 foot concrete towers make shadows on a former street car line road (Margaret st) and we haven't gotten those sound barrier walls that you see on I-95
This incorporation of our County has not been good to anyone.  Just stretching things too thin..
To those that cut through our neighborhood in your daily commute..please take the Monster expressway.
If you use Post or College, please put your exhaust from your V-8 Trucks and SUV'S on the expressway!
When it's foggy around here the carbon Monoxide from your Soccer Mama Pick-up or  Explorer is Choking us! :P
It blows in 4 blocks and settles around our windows...
Does everyone in this town HAVE to drive a HUGE V-8 Pick-up? Kinda funny watching tiny men and woman try to drive such Huge vehicles..Yea this is you if the shoe fits.

AMENAMENAMENAMENAMENAMEAMENAMENAMENAMENAMEN

x infinity.

Thank you neighbor for your bellyachin'