Author Topic: Inside the Barnett Bank and Laura Trio  (Read 18357 times)

newzgrrl

Re: Inside the Barnett Bank and Laura Trio
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2010, 11:18:11 PM »
This project will be up for DDRB review this Thursday.

Not to sound dumb, but what is the DDRB?

Downtown Development Review Board

Will anyone from here be attending? I'm available and will plan to be there; I intend to move into the Florida Life building when it opens.

duvaldude08

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 12:12:14 AM »
This project will be up for DDRB review this Thursday.

Not to sound dumb, but what is the DDRB?

Downtown Development Review Board

http://www.coj.net/Departments/Jacksonville+Economic+Development+Commission/Downtown+Development/DDRB+Meeting+Information.htm

The JEDC and its Downtown Development Review Board (DDRB) are responsible for reviewing and approving projects for compliance with the Downtown Master Plan and the Downtown Zoning Overlay. The DDRB process is two-tiered with a conceptual and final design review process.

To provide flexible land use and design guidance for new and rehabilitation projects in the downtown area, the Jacksonville City Council adopted the Downtown Master Plan  - Ordinance 2000-321-E on May 9, 2000; the Downtown Sign Overlay - Ordinance 2002-446-E on June 26, 2002; the Downtown Zoning Overlay - Ordinance 2003-627-E on June 30, 2003; - both of which were amended by Ordinance 2007-564-E on June 26, 2007.

All projects located within the jurisdiction of the DDRB are subject to these Ordinances.

Meeting Times and Staff Contacts

The DDRB meets at 2 p.m. on the last Thursday of each month in the Police & Fire Pension Building, 1 West Adams St., Suite 200. Contact Jim Klement, Redevelopment Coordinator, at (904) 630-2689 or at jklement@coj.net to confirm meeting dates and times, questions, or placement on the agenda.

Members

Chair - Jonathan R. Garza, Garza Constructors, Inc. - Contractor/Developer/ Realtor Representative   

Vice-Chair - Andy Sikes, Baptist Health - Urban Planner Representative

Secretary - Timothy Miller, Ervin Lovett and Miller - Downtown Property Owner Representative                   

James F. Bailey, Jr., Bailey Publishing and Communications, Inc. - Downtown Property Owner Representative

Christopher D. Flagg RLA, ASLA, Flagg Design Studio, LLC - Landscape Architect Representative

Logan Rink, Design Cooperative, LLC - Downtown Property Owner Representative

Montasser M. Selim, Reynolds, Smith & Hill (RS&H) - Urban Planner Representative

Roland Udenze, Haskell Architects and Engineers - Architect Representative                                         

Rose Zurawski, Stegenga & Partners, PC - Architect Representative

Thanks Stephen
Jaguars 2.0

acme54321

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 08:33:47 PM »
Compare this picture to the present state of the Barnett Bank building.... sad

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
^Wow, that's impresssive.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Elwood

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 09:49:41 PM »
Has there been any discussion about possibly restoring the cornices by developers, either past or present?

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2014, 11:57:34 PM »
Has there been any discussion about possibly restoring the cornices by developers, either past or present?

Yes, this was brought up as part of the original version of the Trio restoration plan in 2010.  I think Wayne Wood still has the plaster molds of the cornices from Klutho so they can be restored if a developer so desires?
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

KRDUB33

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2014, 04:13:37 PM »
Here are some shots that I took when I was in a few years ago. Would love to get back in there and fire off a few more.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ziontrainphotography/sets/72157626860801353/

jaxjaguar

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 09:06:45 AM »
Does anyone know when construction / restoration is supposed to begin? I haven't seen any activity since 1 Spark :/

duvaldude08

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »
Does anyone know when construction / restoration is supposed to begin? I haven't seen any activity since 1 Spark :/

If Im not mistaken, they have already started restoration, etc in the Barnett Building.
Jaguars 2.0

edjax

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2014, 05:52:16 PM »
So can we cross this one off the list?  As in not happening.

jaxjaguar

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2014, 06:21:48 PM »
As I've said before, aside from the renovations they did for One Spark and the pretty lights at night, I haven't seen any activity. The buildings are right next to mine and are just as empty as before... The only thing I can think of is there's some sort of legal issue they've run into. The Barnett was supposed to be completed by Summer 2015, but there's no way that's going to happen. I'd be surprised if it was even complete next year. Hopefully it's nothing too serious though... these projects are desperately needed to fill in that section of downtown.

edjax

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
I don't know. Perhaps they are waiting for the whole DIA thing to get approved so they can get some funds from them?  Or just another example of the local guys just can't make things work on a bigger scale.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2014, 07:40:54 PM »
Uh-oh.....

I may be reading a little too much into it, but if

There should be an announcement by...

is anything like

...is going to be announced shortly....

Then we might start seeing something around 2025.  ;)
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

tufsu1

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »
I think there might be a few other downtown announcements before then...perhaps starting this Sunday

Kay

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »
I don't want any City money going to the Landing unless Tony Sleiman has an approved plan and can pay for it.  I disagree with the Chamber in that the Landing is the most important thing we need to do downtown.