Author Topic: St. Johns Town Center Thread  (Read 110035 times)

gradco2004

Re: St. Johns Town Center Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 10:43:20 PM »
"Morris said this weekend represents the second phase's soft opening. The official grand opening is set for 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10 and will include fireworks, a tree-lighting ceremony and music by American Idol alumnus George Huff."

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/102707/bus_212468702.shtml

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 03:28:11 PM »
This is for you shoppers out there:

From this week's Jax Business Journal - As in Atlanta, Carter making a mark in Jacksonville

Carter, an Atlanta developer who is embarking on a legacy project there, is also building a shopping destination in what may be his future home of Jacksonville. St. Johns Town Center has been his most successful project in sales per square foot since the first phase opened in 2005.

Already, 53-year-old Carter is planning for a third phase of the town center to start construction next year that could include three more department stores -- maybe Nordstrom's or Neiman Marcus -- and another 150,000 square feet of specialty shops.

http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/stories/2007/11/12/focus2.html
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

9a is my backyard

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2007, 05:29:46 PM »
thanks lake, any idea on where it would go?  that lot is pretty big but it looks like squeezing another 3 department stores + 150,000 sf of retail (plus parking) could be tough

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2007, 06:22:35 PM »

Phase III will be attached to Phase II in what currently is being used as surface parking and green space.  The future expansion areas are dashed in this plan.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Captain Zissou

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 06:49:56 PM »
My favorite part about phase three is the parking structure!!!! Death to the surface lots!

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 06:57:44 PM »
So where is the LRT line and Terminal? Rapid Transit Anyone? Hello? Atlanta?

Ocklawaha

gradco2004

Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 08:46:54 PM »
Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar:

Under Construction

*Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that they would not be building until 2009?

Julian

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 08:46:12 AM »
does anyone know what happened with the proposed Crate & Barrel?

gradco2004

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 06:18:44 PM »
I assume that it is still coming. They just started airing commercials on BRAVO during Project Runway about 2 weeks ago. There is still an empty lot across from Louis Vuitton that shows as a building on their map. Just no tennant. It looks big enough to be the Crate&Barrel.

gradco2004

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2008, 12:29:44 AM »
Ground work has started on the empty lot across from Louis Vuitton, and across the street from Kate Spade. I don't know if it will be the anticipated Crate & Barrel that was supposed to occupy the lot, or something else. They havn't posted any tenant signs. I guess we'll see. I'll keep you updated.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2008, 12:35:57 AM »
J.Alexander's maybe?

gradco2004

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2008, 01:00:48 AM »
That would make sense. It's hard to tell though because the parcel is so large. I wish I knew if it was going to be one building, or a divided building.

reednavy

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2008, 09:50:41 AM »
If anyone has had Cantina Laredo, how was it. Looks good, and actually reasonable to an extent. I've noticed that SJTC has quite a few stores that Orlando doesn't, even people there are actually starting to come here to shop, or at the least, look around at SJTC. I think its sad to say, right now, its probably JAX's biggest tourist spot in a way, besides The Landing. I like it though, I really enjoy the music in the hidden speakers they play, feels somewhat like Michigan Avenueish.
Jacksonville: We're not vertically challenged, just horizontally gifted!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2008, 09:57:53 AM »
its probably JAX's biggest tourist spot in a way, besides The Landing.

Its sad that this is probably true.  Hopefully, we can focus on promoting things that sets Jacksonville a part from other communities to improve our tourism element in the future.

gradco2004

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2008, 04:56:18 PM »
J.Alexander's maybe?

I found out last night that the new building will not be J.Alexander's. J.Alexanders, will go in the cluster with the other restaurants. There is still an empty parcel for them there.

A few pics I snapped with my Blackberry last night:

... Someone posted on the City-Data Jacksonville Forum that the new building under construction  across from Louis Vuitton will house Tiffany & Co, Calvin Klein, and one other unnamed tennant. I don't know how much truth there is to that.  I personally have not seen any news of that, but I guess we'll see?