Author Topic: Green manufacturing zone  (Read 5993 times)

samiam

• The greenest house is one that is already built
Green manufacturing zone
« on: December 10, 2009, 04:11:10 PM »
The city of Jacksonville should not be thinking of moving the fairgrounds to Cecil Field what they need to do is make the area a green manufacturing zone. The plans for the lithium battery plant are in place, We need to secure a deal with a hybrid car manufacturing company as well as wind turban manufacturing and solar cell.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
Re: Green manufacturing zone
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
Green, Gray or Black, I just want to see the manufacturing return to this city. Large scale manufacture of anything is going to be pretty impossible since the geniuses of City Hall built a parkway down the middle of the railroad line into Cecil.

OCKLAWAHA

samiam

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 04:25:49 PM »
I know this might be far-fetched but it could be possible
http://www.studebakermotorcompany.com/

samiam

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 04:34:32 PM »
The local collages need to get on board with the programs listed on this page
http://veteransgreenjobs.org/

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »

Studebaker Avonaco

Studebaker Phoenix II

Studebaker S3

Studebaker President II

Suudebaker A51 (You just HAVE to love that name)

2005 Detriot Auto Show, Studebaker XUV, talk of the show... Sued by GM as an infringement on the Hummer then GM was sued by Studebaker AND Chrysler for "use of the Jeep gill design on the Hummer..." After which it appears the suits stopped.

Studebaker AVANTI, 2007 Auto Show model, production started in Cancun MEX.

So your Studebaker idea might not be such a dream after all, though I don't think they're going to make the leap until the market and economy starts to climb again. Some of us who remember one of the worlds finest auto brands can hardly wait!

OCKLAWAHA

samiam

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 05:09:49 PM »
Now is the time for Studebaker to take the leap, with the government giving away money for all things green and as of this week free money for job formation.

samiam

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »
Just think how much a company that uses lithium battery's could save on transportation cost

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »
While Jacksonville has slept, Studebaker has announced that San Antonio will be home, but I don't think anything has been done on the ground yet. That would leave the door open for Jacksonville to try and lure this long-shot company.

OCKLAWAHA

buckethead

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 06:55:17 PM »
The city of Jacksonville should not be thinking of moving the fairgrounds to Cecil Field what they need to do is make the area a green manufacturing zone. The plans for the lithium battery plant are in place, We need to secure a deal with a hybrid car manufacturing company as well as wind turban manufacturing and solar cell.
Will lithium batteries be obsolete before the plant is up and running?

civil42806

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
While Jacksonville has slept, Studebaker has announced that San Antonio will be home, but I don't think anything has been done on the ground yet. That would leave the door open for Jacksonville to try and lure this long-shot company.

OCKLAWAHA

Link?  Never mind found the announcement, that was in 2006!  Not much movement since then.  Website looks like its somewhat obsolete as well.  Don't think I would put any money down.  Heres the corporate web link.  Sort of reads like a ponzi scheme.  By the way avanti ditched studebaker name a few years back

http://www.studebakermotorcompany.com/overview.phtml
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:33:00 PM by civil42806 »

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »
Civil, I tend to agree on the chance of them doing much in this economy, but who knows, they might get off the ground with two wheelers.... Then there is Indian...Again!

I know the Avanti-Studebaker xuv was a huge hit at the show in 2006, but don't know if they are still active. Last information I had was the company built a brand new state-of-the-art plant in Cancun, after which the owner went to prison on some kind of bad condo deal in Georgia. They were to turn out 100 cars a year +/- and the prototype was recently sold. It was said by the auto press to be the most dependable and advanced Avanti design ever made, damn shame if the owner blew it. What do you hear?

OCKLAWAHA

civil42806

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 09:52:39 PM »
Civil, I tend to agree on the chance of them doing much in this economy, but who knows, they might get off the ground with two wheelers.... Then there is Indian...Again!

I know the Avanti-Studebaker xuv was a huge hit at the show in 2006, but don't know if they are still active. Last information I had was the company built a brand new state-of-the-art plant in Cancun, after which the owner went to prison on some kind of bad condo deal in Georgia. They were to turn out 100 cars a year +/- and the prototype was recently sold. It was said by the auto press to be the most dependable and advanced Avanti design ever made, damn shame if the owner blew it. What do you hear?

OCKLAWAHA

I think the key here is you have to separate Avanti and the new studebaker scam.  Avanti is still proposing to use some of the really cool 60's designs of the old "avanti studebaker" comapany and apparently have a plant in Mexico.  But from what I read the "new" studebaker has nothing to do with any of that an have no production ability.  If one was cruel they could say that being the most reliable Avanti, is like being the smartest kid on the short bus
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:09:08 PM by civil42806 »

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 10:27:29 PM »
The Avanti owners I used to know, loved their cars so I always figured they were good. Guess it never occured to me that they might have loved them running or parked?

Crazy thing is, it was Avanti that came out with the XUV under the Studebaker name. So it seems like a case of "Who's On First..."

OCKLAWAHA

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 08:24:21 AM »
Naw, we're closing all of the schools and libraries, laying off the teachers, and/or cutting their "exorbitant salaries" so Joe Lunchbucket can buy another tray of petunias for the front yard. Not highly likely we're going to do anything more then grit our teeth and ride out the Scott plague.

The only "green" anything Florida is going to attract over the next 4 years is perhaps, PAINT.

OCKLAWAHA