Author Topic: Wachovia/Wells Fargo Fla. HQ Slipping from Jax  (Read 7345 times)

Sportmotor

• Sexy and I know it
Re: Wachovia/Wells Fargo Fla. HQ Slipping from Jax
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 09:36:35 AM »
scary, and I almost got a job with them O_O good thing my current employer was faster getting me
I am the Sheep Dog.

Dog Walker

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 01:46:14 PM »
Ock, I my opinion we have Castro to thank for Miami's place as the banking capital of Latin America.  All of the Cuban bankers ended up there and Miami turned from a sleepy town where Jewish retirees lived to the vibrant, Latin city it is now.

If a farmer in Columbia buys a new tractor from a factory in Brazil, the transaction is done in US dollars through a Cuban owned bank in Miami.
When all else fails hug the dog.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 02:01:42 PM »
This is probably true about Miami, if you like Latin Culture, you'll LOVE Miami, unless like me you miss the sand hills, pine trees and Water Oaks. Besides the Havana Restaurant at the corner of Beach and Atlantic in St. Nicholas makes a KILLER Cuban Sandwich complete with imported rum to drink.

The farmer in
ColOmbia (had to let y'all see the correct spelling before some ColOmbian jumps on us) wouldn't have bought the tractor from Brasil because my experience tells me "IT'S MADE IN COLOMBIA!" I was so amazed when I looked about the office one day and it dawned on me, EVERYTHING in sight, EVERYTHING! All of it Made in Colombia. That must have been the way our parents felt before America decided to ship it's industry to China!
Colombia? Yeah, the Computer, TV, Desk, Pencils, paper, plaster, tile, shingles, doors, windows (if any - and no it's not related to poverty), automobiles, trucks, buses, plates, cups, bowls, right down to the silver ware and food in the plates. AMAZING to a "Made in China" Gringo.

OCKLAWAHA

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »
Ock try taste of Havana on baymeadows near southside.
Lenny Smash

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Sounds like a plan,  we've got some great Colombian restaurants too. I think we should come up with an article series that visits each race/country in Jacksonville's food, grocery and culture scene.

Damn shame if we sit on our hands and allow Wells Fargo to believe they'll have it better in Miami. One would think after a few dozen field trips to Miami with the CofC, and a night in a bar that our mayor "didn't notice was gay," we could at least get a super incentive deal for banks and insurance offices here. 40+ International banks is too many for Miami anyway, why not go BANK shopping, offering each one a deal that they can't afford to pass up? JUST DO IT! Ditto for the Port and the other big dog shipping companies. What ever it costs us as taxpayers investing, it will repay us many times over in jobs and economic activity.

OCKLAWAHA

InigoMontoya

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 01:16:17 AM »
At the risk of venturing further off the subject, I would just like to say, "Thanks Ock".  As a Colombian, I WOULD have been "that guy" to comment on the spelling error.  haha  You were quick to cover it.  Gracias.  ;D

Dog Walker

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 08:36:34 AM »
Sorry guys!  Slip of the fingers.  I know the prOper spelling, but keep the corrections coming!
When all else fails hug the dog.