Author Topic: Ambassador Hotel Rehabilitation Plans Revealed  (Read 8525 times)

buckethead

Re: Ambassador Hotel Rehabilitation Plans Revealed
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »
I have walked by the building many times, and it is one that I would certaily be interested in refurbishing if I had the resources. It's good to know someone is willing to try.

I need to stop fantasizing and take action. Construction is my business, and historic architecture has always fascinated me. Making the old and unloved regain its former glory, while adding modern functionality is a passion I have long neglected.

I made money contributing to sprawl, because it was easier. Time to focus on what is right. Keeping historicals alive while enhancing urban renewal.

sorry about the confessional... shhh!

buckethead

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 11:06:52 AM »
I hope this comes to fruition. Speaking of downtown residential development projects, what is going on with the old Barnett Bank Building? They put in the new windows and now it just seems to be sitting there.
I heard that was bought for 6 million clams.

Am I wrong to see that as a steal? Could we form a PAC, Non Profit, Co-Op, or other such entity and gain public loans/funding for downtown renewal?

904Scars

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
The Ambassador though very rough on the inside probably has the some of the best architectural potential of our aged buildings downtown. Im very excited about this one. Im going to cross my fingers and hope that Jax has enought sense to get something like this done in decent amount of time.

hanjin1

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 11:18:14 AM »
I hope this comes to fruition. Speaking of downtown residential development projects, what is going on with the old Barnett Bank Building? They put in the new windows and now it just seems to be sitting there.
I heard that was bought for 6 million clams.

Am I wrong to see that as a steal? Could we form a PAC, Non Profit, Co-Op, or other such entity and gain public loans/funding for downtown renewal?

That would be a cool idea. Start the metrojax nonprofit for downtown revival. something like the savannah historic foundation

braeburn

• Sinful Gadgets
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 11:28:24 AM »
Fabulous... this is a block away from my condos ;D

904Scars

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 12:03:03 PM »
I need to stop fantasizing and take action. Construction is my business, and historic architecture has always fascinated me. Making the old and unloved regain its former glory, while adding modern functionality is a passion I have long neglected.

I wanna help! I'll quit my job and start tomorrow! HAHA  ;D

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 12:10:58 PM »
904Scars,

That is a fantastic photo in your avatar.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

vicupstate

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 12:18:49 PM »
904Scars,

That is a fantastic photo in your avatar.

Indeed. Can we see a bigger version.  You could make that an icon for the city.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

jason_contentdg

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »
I have walked by the building many times, and it is one that I would certaily be interested in refurbishing if I had the resources. It's good to know someone is willing to try.

I made money contributing to sprawl, because it was easier. Time to focus on what is right. Keeping historicals alive while enhancing urban renewal.

sorry about the confessional... shhh!

We need to have a "like" button like facebook incorporates for post like this one.

904Scars

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 01:04:53 PM »

hope this works I had to do it on my phone. Work blocks photobucket.

vicupstate

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 02:34:37 PM »
Thanks. 

It's such a shame we don't build things with the kind of detail that the St. James building has anymore. 

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

Coolyfett

• Mike Hogan Destruction Eruption!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 08:26:18 PM »
Looks cool
Mike Hogan Destruction Eruption!