Author Topic: Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens  (Read 43698 times)

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
Re: Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »
Good news for the zoo. It really is one of the great things about Jacksonville. A far cry from how it was when I was younger.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:15:17 PM by fsujax »

finehoe

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:37 PM »
Trip Advisor reviewers have rated the Jacksonville Zoo 18th best zoo in the country!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Attractions-cZoos-g191

Kudos to the Zoo for this, but it should be noted that there are three other Florida zoos ahead of us in the Trip Advisor rankings.

jaxjaguar

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 03:43:47 PM »
Is it possible to take the River Taxi to the Zoo from downtown spots?

Not currently.

CityLife

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2015, 04:43:09 PM »
Good news for the zoo. It really is one of the great things about Jacksonville. A far cry from how it was when I was younger.

Yea, remember when it was just concrete pits with animals in them? People that haven't been in years are always amazed at the transformation.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2015, 05:02:36 PM »

Yea, remember when it was just concrete pits with animals in them? People that haven't been in years are always amazed at the transformation.

I had exactly this happen a little while ago.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

The_Choose_1

• We Are Norfolk Southern
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2015, 05:21:00 PM »
I stopped going to Zoo's in October of 2007 while on Vacation out in Oregon I remember seeing a bear walk a path up the hill and down the hill none stop. And the Polar bear was also depressed. I understand a lot of the animals in Zoo's now were never really wild. A lot born in other zoo's and animal parks and from time to time are shipped to one zoo to another. So after seeing these depressed animals I stopped going to zoo's. I understand why others go to Zoo's and children should go to see the great animals that one day will not be on planet Earth.
One of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts.

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »
Yeah, those concrete pits were the worst.

I-10east

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 11:33:34 PM »
Khan the Jaguar is headed to the Birmingham Zoo. That sucks, but I'm sure that it's for conservation, awareness, the better good and blah blah blah 'fill in the blank other cheesy cliches'.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2017/02/birmingham_zoo_welcomes_new_an.html