Author Topic: Nightlife: East Bay Street  (Read 9211 times)

Shwaz

Re: Nightlife: East Bay Street
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 10:32:23 AM »
I have a nice group going out for my gf's birthday. Destination Downtown offers some great benefits & prices and our group will be taking advantage of all of them.

Great Drink Specials
$25 car home
$79 rooms at the Omni
$1 Parking Garage
No cover charges

We have some booths reserved at Twisted Martini... at $20 each we'll have
3 cases of beer
3 bottles of Kettle one + mixers
1 bottle of champagne

Tonight can't come soon enough!

And though I long to embrace, I will not replace my priorities: humour, opinion, a sense of compassion, creativity and a distaste for fashion.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 10:37:05 AM »
Wahoo!! Sounds like fun!  Tonight should be a great night out too! :)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 11:00:08 AM »
What's the location?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

marksjax

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 11:32:55 AM »
You guys rock! Thanks for the article and great pictures. We want to thank all who have helped make this happen. We appreciate your support.

Shameless plug: Tonight (4/3/09) Red Bull will be out in full force on East Bay promoting an "Industry After Party" at Mark's. Supercross (that's the industry) stars and others are rumored to be coming.

See you Downtown.
Regards, Mark
 :)

CrysG

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 11:41:34 AM »
I love Marks.

Non shameless plug. I really do enjoy that place. It's the first place I think of when I think to go out.

TPC

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 11:43:45 AM »
Great photo set! I was actually at TSI's Florio Party that night for a bit. I hope people who never come Downtown see these photos and realize that there is a nightlight Downtown.

I hope the momentum continues we have a few more bars popping up on Bay St.

TheProfessor

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »
Look's like fun.  From a designers standpoint. The city needs to knock out those curbs around the palm trees.  They are an obvious trip hazards.  It looks like TSI put cones on top of them for those with beer goggles. hehe.

Bewler

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 12:32:47 PM »
Honestly other than Downtown, the Beaches, Riverside, and I guess to a lesser extend San Marco and Avondale, I can’t think of any side of town that could actually be considered a “hot spot” that has like 2 - 3 or more places to go out drinking or dancing that are within walking distance of each other where lots of people conglomerate. Though I’m not familiar with all sides of town I do know Southside and Town Center pretty much only offer chain restaurant bars (Zzzzzzz), Mandarin just has a spread of standalone bars and pools halls (oh good, let's fight), Springfield has Shanty, Pearl, and 9th and Main (There may be others here that I’m not aware of) semi close to each other but not quite in the same way. Don’t know enough about Northside, Westside. Nor Arlington, though it seems the same as Southside but I could be wrong. 

Oh wait Murray Hill has some good places.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:34:37 PM by Bewler »
Conformulate. Be conformulatable! It's a perfectly cromulent deed.

5PointsGuy

• Jaguars!
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 12:37:49 PM »
Maverick's and Twisted are alright, twisted being a bit older (patronage wise), while Maverick's has a decent crowd and the obvious country music. Mark's and Dive are both great, but I'm biased as I'm there every weekend. The addition of Ivy's and the revamp of TSI has really added to that strip. If it got one more bar inbetween Ivy and Mark's it would pretty much be as good as the midtown strip in Gainesville. The only problem that I have with the bars is that they always start goin' off late (12ish), but I guess that's the Jacksonville mentality.  ;)
4 Tickets! Section 440!

WhatsUpJacksonville

• WhatsUpJacksonville
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 01:39:39 PM »
WhatsUpJacksonville is all about Downtown!

TSI has a huge show coming up on May 2nd with Diplo, producer of the M.I.A. song Paper Planes featured in Pineapple Express.

Keep up the great coverage MetroJax!

-WhatsUpJacksonville.com

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »
If parking becomes a problem, it will be the best problem these new businesses could want. Question is, where are these patrons coming from? Has any survey been done? Inner City/San Marco/Springfield/Riverside/Avondale/St.Nicholas? If we could ID the source of most of the traffic, then where is JTA? Why don't we offer "NIGHT OWLS  SERVICES" between the Bay St./San Marco and 5-Points club districts, with some residential tap lines running 24/7?

Skyway on Bay anyone? Maybe our train is overdue...

OCKLAWAHA

comncense

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 02:52:27 PM »
I love the Downtown nightlife. It's one of the reasons I moved back downtown. Like someone mentioned earlier, it would be great if there was another lounge/club/bar somewhere in between Mark's and Ivy. I'm not sure if there's a place it could possibly go though. What's on the other side of the pizza spot anyway?

Stephen, the danceclub on Adams that you were talking about, you're not talking about the old library are you? I noticed they had the place lit up late last night as I was walking home... seemed odd to me.

And how great would it be to have a late night diner downtown. As much as I love pizza and hotdogs... it would be nice to grab some breakfast type foods late at night without having to drive outside of downtown.

fsu813

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 04:01:42 PM »
9th & Main has been closed for sometime, fyi.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 06:39:33 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa 5pointsguy, lets not get ahead of ourselves.  East Bay is nice and has nice venues, but as far as bodies on the sidewalk and atmosphere, it couldn't be farther from Midtown G-ville.  I'm actually delaying my trip to Salty to type this, but if you want to see some night life action, that is the spot.  If there were that many people downtown for a few weekends, East Bay would become a regional destination.

billy

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »
Why are there so many hot dog stands/carts in Jax?