Author Topic: A Walk Through St. Augustine  (Read 5053 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: A Walk Through St. Augustine
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 10:39:57 PM »
There are a ton of examples where returning streets to two-way traffic and slowing automobile traffic down has helped with revitalization.  Nevertheless, Jax's problem with one-way streets is that depending on which one you're on, if you miss your turn onto a particular street, you may have to drive through five more blocks before you have the opportunity to turn in that direction again.  This is due to our failed double loop system of one-way streets.

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2008-may-killing-connectivity-springfield-vs-downtown
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

blandman

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
The Georgia Aquarium bought Marineland in January, and then opened a new dolphin show in Atlanta in April. The new dolphin exhibit was two years in the making...my cousin left Sea World San Antonio to help train the dolphins. I don't believe the Georgia Aquarium has any plans to close Marineland, though.

Jason

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »
I had no idea.   And I wouldn't think the Aquarium would buy them and then close it down.  What? for the dolphins?  They aren't likely worth more than the facility.  IMO, having a complex like Marineland available to raise and train dolphins for the aquarium is a win-win.

hightowerlover

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 10:39:04 AM »
looks like it was rebranded as "Marineland Dolphin Adventure" with the Georgia Aquarium "G" inserted under a dolphin.