Author Topic: Five restaurants coming to downtown  (Read 3531 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Five restaurants coming to downtown
« on: November 06, 2023, 08:58:00 AM »

Downtown's culinary scene continues to grow. Here are five restaurant concepts headed to Jacksonville's central business district.

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/five-restaurants-coming-to-downtown/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Captain Zissou

Re: Five restaurants coming to downtown
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 01:50:01 PM »
I've seen this before.  I feel like these are likely to happen, but a number of years ago there was a similar article with The Bullbriar, a Kenny Gilbert concept, Cowford Chophouse, and one or two more.  Hopefully these come to fruition and have success.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (HOT DAMMIT!) YES...SUPER TALLS!!!
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 03:44:10 PM »
Encouraging and Frothy.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal/ or, access my Social Service national/world wide page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: http://www.freshstartsocialservices.com and thank you!!!

acme54321

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 03:54:17 PM »
This list is kind of sad

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 05:45:35 PM »
^I struggled to get to five. Was searching for five that were actually on their way to opening or associated with projects that are under construction.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 11:02:46 PM »
So few restaurants and so far apart from each other. We’ll be suffering from the Landing decision for a long time.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Captain Zissou

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 09:42:33 AM »
Pour Taphouse in the Vystar garage on Laura will fill a casual dining gap and hopefully be a weekend attraction in that part of downtown.  The total space is going to be huge and have 2 distinct restaurant spaces as well as a 2nd floor mezzanine that I believe can be rented for private events.  The interiors look great.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 10:22:48 AM »
Pour Taphouse in the Vystar garage on Laura will fill a casual dining gap and hopefully be a weekend attraction in that part of downtown.  The total space is going to be huge and have 2 distinct restaurant spaces as well as a 2nd floor mezzanine that I believe can be rented for private events.  The interiors look great.

Have they started work?

Captain Zissou

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 10:45:11 AM »

Have they started work?
Going through permitting now.  Will likely be open in Q3 2024.

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2023, 07:35:20 PM »
Some restaurants outside “ Downtown “…. Black Sheep….. have opted to bail out of hard won locations and headed to the promised land.
Certainly, adjacent residents opposing and other neighborhood placement matters not an issue in the Downtown Frontier.
Good for them, this Shift.

Restaurants. Growing up in South Florida, a vast array of Restaurants were available. From the North Miami / I- 95 Corridor to the Bay, Beaches. Even then ( Yea, Fountainbleau) the very best, consistent meals were at home.
Many years later, my Uncle Frank, in retirement, yanked from the Great Lakes to Dunedin Florida…..
The key feature was the US 19 Restaurants.
Uncle Frank took me aside and we studied the restaurant phenomenon.
The prevalence of Restaurants and proclivity to utilize is not a lifestyle /neighborhood place he adhered to.

To each their own.

vicupstate

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2023, 01:08:55 PM »
One of these five is actually a relocation WITHIN downtown, specifically from the core of DT to the fringe.  I'm speaking of Bold City Brewery.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln