Author Topic: COVID Again Rampant in Jax  (Read 45858 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: COVID Again Rampant in Jax
« Reply #540 on: September 24, 2021, 07:08:32 AM »
DeSantis defies Biden...

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021/09/23/desantis-bringing-in-3000-doses-of-new-covid-19-treatment-after-biden-administration-diverts-supply/

TAMPA – Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday announced the state is purchasing 3,000 doses of a new monoclonal antibody treatment after the Biden administration made the decision last week to limit the number of Regeneron doses received by Florida and other states.

DeSantis said the new doses coming to the state will be sotrovimab, a single-dose monoclonal antibody manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline that was granted emergency use authorization by the FDA in May.

The supply of Regeneron, which the state has used at 25 treatment sites across Florida, has dropped off dramatically, according to DeSantis....
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Snaketoz

« Reply #541 on: September 24, 2021, 08:34:25 AM »
I have a feeling that Florida's new surgeon general will have a very short time in his position.

Why? He is exactly what Gov. Desantis wants. He gives "medical expertise" to their unscientific ravings.
He has an ego.  Don't think he will withstand the critics of DeSantis' policies.  After signing the "Great Barrington Declaration", he changed his tune by saying he didn't agree with half of it.  The chemistry is a sure problem.

tufsu1

« Reply #542 on: September 24, 2021, 09:06:59 AM »
DeSantis defies Biden...

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021/09/23/desantis-bringing-in-3000-doses-of-new-covid-19-treatment-after-biden-administration-diverts-supply/

TAMPA – Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday announced the state is purchasing 3,000 doses of a new monoclonal antibody treatment after the Biden administration made the decision last week to limit the number of Regeneron doses received by Florida and other states.

DeSantis said the new doses coming to the state will be sotrovimab, a single-dose monoclonal antibody manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline that was granted emergency use authorization by the FDA in May.

The supply of Regeneron, which the state has used at 25 treatment sites across Florida, has dropped off dramatically, according to DeSantis....

I would submit he isn't defying Biden - he found another treatment.

Fact is the Biden administration is right to re-balance Regeneron shipments - it made sense for the south to have the majority over the past two months while the virus was rampant. Now it is receding there, and increasing in areas of the upper midwest and (to some extent) the northeast. 

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #543 on: September 24, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »
DeSantis defies Biden...

I would submit he isn't defying Biden - he found another treatment.

Fact is the Biden administration is right to re-balance Regeneron shipments - it made sense for the south to have the majority over the past two months while the virus was rampant. Now it is receding there, and increasing in areas of the upper midwest and (to some extent) the northeast.

Yeah, I don't see that he defied anyone.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #544 on: September 24, 2021, 01:24:03 PM »
Rofl... it was my tongue in cheek headline to mimic similar hyperbolic JLT headlines
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #545 on: September 24, 2021, 01:34:27 PM »
Rofl... it was my tongue in cheek headline to mimic similar hyperbolic JLT headlines

Which of my headlines is hyperbolic?  ::)

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #546 on: October 03, 2021, 01:13:26 AM »
An interesting but sad way to have to make a point about Florida's new "surgeon general" (in quotes because I think he is totally unqualified for the job):
After a family member died of Covid-19, a man took aim at Florida's top health official in sarcastic letter

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/01/us/covid-19-letter-to-the-editor-tampa-bay-times/index.html

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #547 on: October 26, 2021, 12:41:58 PM »
Bl8rjax, stop posting this anti-vax shit. I’ve warned you repeatedly. I’m not doing it again.

Posting an article in _SCIENCE_ magasine  that speaks to a peer-reviewed article is anti-vax shit?

That sort of puerile rejection of scientific work smells like someone who suffers from narcissism.   

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #548 on: October 26, 2021, 12:50:59 PM »
^ Did you struggle this much with all of your required vaccines, or just this one?

Lunican, unless you work for a hospital or something similar, it's highly unlikely you were required to prove any vaccinations before being employed.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: October 26, 2021, 02:23:43 PM »
Bl8rjax, stop posting this anti-vax shit. I’ve warned you repeatedly. I’m not doing it again.

Posting an article in _SCIENCE_ magasine  that speaks to a peer-reviewed article is anti-vax shit?

That sort of puerile rejection of scientific work smells like someone who suffers from narcissism.

1. You didn't post anything from Science magazine (or "_SCIENCE_ magasine").
2. I'm one of the owners of this website.
3. Bye.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #550 on: October 26, 2021, 05:13:00 PM »
^ Did you struggle this much with all of your required vaccines, or just this one?

Lunican, unless you work for a hospital or something similar, it's highly unlikely you were required to prove any vaccinations before being employed.

Many major employers are requiring vaccination or be terminated. (Florida Blue)