Author Topic: New opportunity for Regency Mall  (Read 2476 times)

martt12

New opportunity for Regency Mall
« on: June 24, 2021, 03:40:58 PM »
With Adventure Landing likely heading for a close at the beach location.  I’d like to see an indoor/outdoor theme park with games, food, shopping & multifamily development included at Regency malls current location. I’m sure some would disagree. However, I think that’ll be great.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/beach-boulevard-adventure-landing-considered-a-unique-opportunity

bl8jaxnative

Re: New opportunity for Regency Mall
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 08:14:43 AM »

They've definitely got the space there + it'd be fun.

I don't think that's in the new owner's vision at this time though.

Josh

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 08:41:01 AM »
With Adventure Landing likely heading for a close at the beach location.  I’d like to see an indoor/outdoor theme park with games, food, shopping & multifamily development included at Regency malls current location. I’m sure some would disagree. However, I think that’ll be great.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/beach-boulevard-adventure-landing-considered-a-unique-opportunity

Jacksonville desperately needs more "fun" things for family to do. The whole region is honestly pretty awful when it comes to stuff like that. We seem to just be resigned to accepting Orlando as somehow a viable option.

I was just in Birmingham a few weeks ago, and they blow us away as far as free & paid family entertainment options go.

One thing about Adventure Landing is that one of the current owners wants to open another park after this one closes apparently.

jaxoNOLE

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 09:08:18 AM »

Did the Rimrock Devlin purchase actually go through last year?

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 02:50:11 PM »

Did the Rimrock Devlin purchase actually go through last year?

good point.

Ya, they don't list it in their portfolio yet. 

If I was feeling more energetic I'd hit up Duval GIS but... :)

jaxoNOLE

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 03:54:21 PM »
I checked, doesn't look like a sale happened.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 04:24:31 PM »
Something like this? Dezerland Park Orlando on I-Drive
https://dezerlandpark.com/orlando/?fbclid=IwAR2Xi1pLEDq4V6zn34lo0d-MeW-5BiWZsNX1dkAdBIMcPNooWMNrU10MO0M

From the Orlando Business Journal (Nov. 10, 2020)
The 800,000-square-foot entertainment complex being developed by Miami billionaire Michael Dezer is holding hiring events on Nov. 11-13 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The company is hiring for all positions and is seeking to hire 500 people, Robert Morris, Dezerland's director of marketing, told Orlando Business Journal.

Dezerland represents a redevelopment of the former Artegon Marketplace shopping mall, which closed most of its shops and restaurants in January 2017. When fully completed, the Dezerland Park facility at 5250 International Drive will include a 250,000-square-foot museum of famous cars and vehicles called The Auto Experience, along with over a dozen restaurants, a go-kart track, an arcade, 12 lanes of bowling, a pinball arcade, trampoline park and mini golf.