Author Topic: DeSantis Promoting Thought Police  (Read 18857 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: DeSantis Promoting Thought Police
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2021, 07:54:55 PM »
I assume you are against intimidation. If it is found to exist remediation needs to occur.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Charles Hunter

« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2021, 09:15:47 PM »
I assume you are against intimidation. If it is found to exist remediation needs to occur.

Even if it is the Governor doing the intimidating.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2021, 06:16:14 AM »

Even if it is the Governor doing the intimidating.
Lol...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2021, 10:14:37 AM »

JPalmer

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2021, 10:24:40 AM »
No, this is an example of being voluntold.  Clearly a move by the NFL to force peer pressure and thought police amongst teammates. 

MusicMan

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2021, 10:27:27 AM »
Agree. Nothing to do with player safety.   

D Santis...... what a ___________. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/07/22/ron-desantis-florida-covid-cases-rise-santiago-pkg-ebof-vpx.cnn

"Florida global epicenter of outbreak " last summer and now leads the Nation in new weekly Covid cases. What a clusterf$ck.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:55:22 AM by MusicMan »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2021, 12:55:27 PM »
Lol... you are all over the map MM except you hate all DeSantis decisions...  just what exactly does he have to do with the NFL rulings??

Are you proposing mandatory vaccination statewide?  Are you proposing mandatory masks again?  Are you proposing mandatory closures of schools, restaurants and such... just wtf is it you want???

Charles Hunter

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2021, 01:23:29 PM »
MusicMan can provide his own answer, but the way I make DeSantis/NFL connection is the law prohibiting "vaccine passports" - was based on the initial reporting of the NFL's announcement. Subsequently, I have seen that the NFL is not requiring players and staff to be vaccinated, but:

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday that the NFL sent a memo to its clubs stating that if a game cannot be rescheduled during the 18-week schedule due to a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team with the outbreak will forfeit and be credited with a loss, per sources informed of the situation.

In addition, players on both teams will not be paid for the lost contest, and the team responsible for the cancelled game due to unvaccinated players will cover financial losses and be subject to potential discipline from the Commissioner's office.

So, employees do not have to be vaccinated, but if their refusal leads to a COVID outbreak, their team could face significant penalties, and even the innocent team affected by a cancelation loses their paychecks for the week.

MusicMan

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2021, 02:22:49 PM »
The NFL can require it for work.  They are giving the players the choice. 

What I would like is a policy that puts the health of Florida's citizens first, not pandering to a small base of a rejected president by a presidential wanna be.  Hell, even honest Repubs acknowledge this is pandering to the Trump base.  Political fund raising by bashing Dr Fauci?  That's right out of the Trump playbook. 

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2021, 04:34:00 PM »
The NFL can require it for work.  They are giving the players the choice. 

What I would like is a policy that puts the health of Florida's citizens first, not pandering to a small base of a rejected president by a presidential wanna be.  Hell, even honest Repubs acknowledge this is pandering to the Trump base.  Political fund raising by bashing Dr Fauci?  That's right out of the Trump playbook. 

Pretty broad and non committal... requiring vaccination would be citizens health first... closing restaurants and schools would be citizens first...

WTF do you mean???

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2021, 04:36:50 PM »
I have no issue with DeSantis criticism... but have an actual policy alternative... citizens first means nothing.