Author Topic: Kroger Coming To Jacksonville, Sort Of  (Read 4893 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Kroger Coming To Jacksonville, Sort Of
« on: May 31, 2021, 11:03:27 PM »

Popular grocer Kroger, one of the largest retailers in the world, is entering the Jacksonville market. But there’s a catch!

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/kroger-coming-to-jacksonville-sort-of/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Wacca Pilatka

Re: Kroger Coming To Jacksonville, Sort Of
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 09:13:17 AM »
I have never had a worse customer service experience with any company than with Kroger, which is inexplicably the dominant chain in my area.  I find that Kroger employees generally see customers as an inconvenience to their daily lives, and frequently ignore them for 15+ minutes when they are waiting for counter service. 

The final straw for me was when I had ordered cupcakes a week in advance for a charity event I run every year.  I came in at the scheduled time, the night before my event, and was told "we ran out of cupcakes; someone should have called you."  The bakery counter assured me it could make this right and get me the cupcakes the next morning.  I asked to pick them up right at store opening at 7 since I needed to be at the event very shortly afterward to set up.  I gave them some leeway and came in at 7:15 and was told "we haven't started making the cupcakes yet; we will start now."  I spoke to a manager, who didn't understand the timing issue whatsoever and kept trying to offer me a discount.  Later I wrote to national Kroger, who I hoped would do something to make it right, e.g. a donation to my organization; instead, they sent me a generic corporate-speak e-mail about how my concerns had been heard and they would speak to the store.

In 2017 a Publix opened about half an hour west of me, and I cheerfully drive past multiple Krogers every week to go there to experience actual customer service.  And will gladly share my experiences with the miserable Kroger corporation every chance I get.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Kroger Coming To Jacksonville, Sort Of
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 09:28:06 AM »
Sounds like Winn-Dixie…
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."