Author Topic: Florida Times-Union property under contract; $250 million project planned  (Read 20673 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

fsu813

This is the 4th Downtown project that includes plans for a new grocery store. Watch out Mandarin, we're coming for you!

MusicMan

"There are not many tracts this large in the area"

Uh............. has he seen 'The District', or 'The Shipyards?'  Or the rest of downtown waterfront....?

Steve

• The Jaxson
"There are not many tracts this large in the area"

Uh............. has he seen 'The District', or 'The Shipyards?'  Or the rest of downtown waterfront....?

I'm assuming they meant large tract [for sale] in the area. The District isn't fully for sale (obviously they're selling portions), and the Shipyards is a total mess politically.

Josh

Fantastic news. I hope they develop something iconic that integrates the creek, river, and riverwalk.

acme54321

Fantastic news. I hope they develop something iconic that integrates the creek, river, and riverwalk.

The developer has a ton of experience throwing up stick build urban apartment complexes and grocery stores.  I'm sure whatever they propose will be truly uninspiring ::)

Papa33

I'm gonna miss the mid-century modern building.

MusicMan

I would imagine that for an Atlanta developer, this parcel is actually on the cheap side considering the location and size, as compared to anything similar in Atlanta.

landfall

No renderings bro?

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
Wow under construction this year.
Lenny Smash

jaxoNOLE

Wow under construction this year.

Like how Berkman II is "under construction?"  ;D

howfam

I hope this very valuable waterfront property is not wasted on a 5 story stick frame building. This is a great opportunity for mid-high rise project that will allow this site to fulfill its potential profit-making potential.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (HOT DAMMIT!) YES...SUPER TALLS!!!
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY
How about high rise or taller project? Prime location and property IMO.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal/ or, access my Social Service national/world wide page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: http://www.freshstartsocialagency.com; thank you!!!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Ken_FSU

Was hoping for a LOT better for one of the best riverfront sites in the city.