Author Topic: Is U2C serious? Help me make it make sense....  (Read 106776 times)

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
Re: Is U2C serious? Help me make it make sense....
« Reply #435 on: November 15, 2023, 01:52:54 PM »
Bernard Schmidt resigns as JTA automation and innovation vice president
Schmidt’s responsibilities at JTA included supervising the authority’s Armsdale Test & Learn Facility, where the authority operates and tests prototype automated vehicles expected to replace the aging Downtown elevated Skyway monorail system.

He also was one of JTA’s lead executives to procure and coordinate design/build services for the U2C, which could be a $400 million project.

Schmidt’s $278,491 annual salary was the second-highest-paid employee at JTA next to Ford.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/news/2023/jul/12/bernard-schmidt-resigns-as-jta-automation-and-innovation-vice-president/

Update, since I don't think he's been mentioned anywhere since:

According to his LinkedIn, Bernard Schmidt has been a Vice President at NextEra Energy (FPL's parent company) since August 2023.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Is U2C serious? Help me make it make sense....
« Reply #436 on: November 15, 2023, 05:36:55 PM »
Good for him!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali