Author Topic: Laura Street Trio finally headed to DDRB  (Read 16872 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Laura Street Trio finally headed to DDRB
« on: February 04, 2021, 03:48:11 PM »

A plan to restore the Laura Street Trio into a Marriott branded hotel continues to advance. Here is a look at this month's Downtown Development Review Board presentation for the project's conceptual approval.

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/laura-street-trio-finally-headed-to-ddrb/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Laura Street Trio finally headed to DDRB
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 04:44:11 PM »
Looks great...  8)

Criticism in 3... 2... 1...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 05:15:49 PM »
Built it already! I love how the new buildings architecturally go with the older buildings.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 05:17:06 PM »
I love it!

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 07:02:33 PM »
From this point in time, about how long should it take to get to ribbon-cutting on this?
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 07:43:08 PM »
Probably a good three or four years. If I were the DIA, I'd aggressively work on filling the remaining vacant spaces and retrofitting the ground level of office buildings between the Landing site and JWJ Park. The goal would be to have a cohesive district of complementary pedestrian scale uses within 3 years. Accomplish and program that same compact area and the talk of a dead downtown will be over.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 07:46:28 PM by thelakelander »

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 08:37:17 AM »

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 08:42:10 AM »
The only nuance this creates is not with this project, but the VyStar garage:

The previous Laura St Trio plan had the motor court exiting onto Forsyth Street. That necessitated the Parking Garage to have it's entrance close to the corner of Forsyth and Main. The result of that was that while the VyStar garage is overall excellent, much of Forsyth Street is ground level parking due to the flow of the garage. Now that the Motor Court Entrance and Exit is on Adams, the placement of the Parking Garage entrance could be anywhere in the garage design. I'd love to seem the DIA/VyStar try to move the entrance closer to Laura, thereby opening up much more of the Forsyth Street frontage to retail, now or in the future.

Aside from that, we don't want to delay any further.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 08:27:49 PM »
https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/laura-street-trio-design-granted-conceptual-approval

Granted Conceptual Approval-not surprisingly, the vote was 8-0, with Brockelman recusing himself as his company is a lobbyist for the developer.

acme54321

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 10:42:29 PM »
I wish we saw this kind of quality every single time someone submitted

No shit.  Don't we all...

landfall

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 06:35:52 AM »
Dare I say it, the Trio would be a great spot for a Starbucks.  ;D

Between the likes of this and Independent Life there's the potential for a few projects to run concurrently.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 07:53:11 AM »
^Quite a few! Add the adaptive reuse projects up that could be underway by summer and there's more coming now, that would have been developed at Lot J and for a fraction of the public expense. This could be a big year for the actual heart of downtown.

Papa33

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 08:39:44 AM »
^Quite a few! Add the adaptive reuse projects up that could be underway by summer and there's more coming now, that would have been developed at Lot J and for a fraction of the public expense. This could be a big year for the actual heart of downtown.
Fingers crossed.  All in spite of the Mayor's of office.

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 11:13:55 AM »
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2021, 04:56:46 PM »
https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/proposal-laura-street-trio-deal-includes-dollar24-67-million-in-forgivable-deferred-loans

A little more taxpayer incentive than I would have expected, but still worth it in my eyes for this project. At least there aren't any Breadbox loans.