Author Topic: A Northbank renaissance in the making  (Read 745 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
A Northbank renaissance in the making
« on: January 25, 2021, 08:08:40 AM »

Here are 14 projects within a three block radius of James Weldon Johnson Park that could change the atmosphere of Downtown Jacksonville before 2025.

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/a-northbank-renaissance-in-the-making/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

simms3

• Time has come
Re: A Northbank renaissance in the making
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 12:54:42 PM »
Great update.  Hopefully all of this starts soon - I wonder what the holdup is with the Vystar parking garage.  I also heard something about there being a rooftop bar on the Life of the South building?  That would be an interesting addition - if there is anything we have learned about ourselves over the last few years it's that we love our rooftop bars!
Bothering locals and trolling boards since 2005

Captain Zissou

Re: A Northbank renaissance in the making
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 06:37:52 PM »
Great update.  Hopefully all of this starts soon - I wonder what the holdup is with the Vystar parking garage.  I also heard something about there being a rooftop bar on the Life of the South building?  That would be an interesting addition - if there is anything we have learned about ourselves over the last few years it's that we love our rooftop bars!

The rooftop bar is underway.  It will be run by bread and board, but i don't know much else.  I can see them working on it from my office.  Will zipline there from my desk when they open.