Author Topic: "The Exchange" on Atlantic near soon to be Publix  (Read 916 times)

MusicMan

"The Exchange" on Atlantic near soon to be Publix
« on: January 11, 2021, 10:46:57 AM »
Saw a building wrapped with a large and impressive banner reading:

The Exchange  1 and 2 Bedroom Luuxury Apartments

Move in Spring 2021

LiveTheExchangeApt.com

Anybody know anything about this? The web page is non existent....

jaxlongtimer

Re: "The Exchange" on Atlantic near soon to be Publix
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 11:43:19 AM »
This refers to the rebranded San Marco Crossing on Philips Highway.

They have been posting signs throughout San Marco for months now.  I had posted once before if it was an indication of a softening apartment market.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/san-marco-crossing-apartments-rebranded-as-barlow-and-the-exchange
Chance Partners LLC of Jacksonville announced Aug. 10 the split of the San Marco Crossing multifamily development into two communities, renamed The Exchange and Barlow.

The apartments are under construction on 8.89 acres on two blocks bounded by Olevia Street, Mitchell Avenue, Philips Highway and Perry Place. Bertha Street runs between them.

The four-story Exchange is expected to open in spring 2021. The 196-unit property features balcony units overlooking a pool and two-story corner units with floor-to-ceiling glass. Its one-, two- and three-bedroom units will range from 632 square feet to 1,450 square feet.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »
Is the apartment market in Jacksonville cooking off?  I thought things were still pretty tight at the end of 2020.

MusicMan

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 05:39:38 PM »
Thanks...honestly drive that stretch every day and saw the sign today for the first time..... Is the market softening in SM?  I think in 18 months all the stuff about to come on line plus the recent completed apts (SoBa and Broadstone)  will be close to full.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 08:32:27 PM by MusicMan »

acme54321

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 03:46:34 PM »
I saw them painting the building last week and was wondering what was going on.  Curious if they are going to get busted for illegal signs or if it's legit.

Also glad to see something happen with that building.  Hopefully it gets redeveloped when the apartments are done with it.