Author Topic: Walkable Jacksonville: The Avenue  (Read 846 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Walkable Jacksonville: The Avenue
« on: November 29, 2020, 07:32:48 PM »

Jacksonville's urban core is home to a number of historic walkable neighborhood commercial districts. Many are a direct result of the city's former electric streetcar network that operated between 1880 and 1936. Today, The Jaxson highlights a popular destination that developed to support the Eastside: The Avenue

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/walkable-jacksonville-the-avenue/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Walkable Jacksonville: The Avenue
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 10:22:51 PM »
Stopped into the Avenue Grill today. Was really inspired by the owner. A 33 year old woman who has operated the business by herself for seven years now. Great food too! Really hope the small businesses like this one that are unique to the neighborhood with deep ties into its history (she's from the Eastside and cooking how her grandmother taught her) aren't displaced as the city funnels hundreds of millions into the sports district a few blocks away.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Charles Hunter

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 11:35:11 PM »
OK, it's bedtime, and that plate of food is making me hungry.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 02:13:19 PM »
shrimp AND  chicken......?!??!??   **DROOOL***

I didn't realize that place was there until a few weeks ago when I stopped at the melanin christmas market and walked right past it.