Author Topic: DIA wants the Landing to start with a park  (Read 40835 times)

Charles Hunter

Re: DIA wants the Landing to start with a park
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »
I ran into the "locked" message earlier, but tried again a few minutes ago, and am listening to the Q&A.

jaxoNOLE

« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2021, 11:07:00 AM »
Thanks! I was able to get in for the last half of the Q&A as well. The overview they had on the Q&A slide looked nice; I would've liked to catch the presentation. DIA board reactions seemed very positive overall.

CityLife

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2021, 01:24:42 PM »
Would be nice if they made a recording of the video available to the public after the event for those that couldn't watch live.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 02:29:25 PM by CityLife »

Charles Hunter

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2021, 01:46:44 PM »
The Zoom feed says it is being recorded. I hope when they post it, they break it into separate recordings for each team.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2021, 05:22:22 PM »
Didn’t get to follow closely, but Perkins and Will’s plan in particular was pretty epic.

Looking forward to watching the full presentations.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2021, 05:39:08 PM »
They said they were going to try to have links up on the COJ Procurement site in the next (work) day or so.  If it were me, I'd put the links on the DIA site, too.  But, they didn't ask me.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (HOT DAMMIT!) YES...SUPER TALLS!!!
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2021, 06:54:44 PM »
I like the Agency Landscaping and Planning from Cambridge, MA rendering best.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 07:04:07 PM by heights unknown »
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal/ or, access my Social Service national/world wide page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: http://www.freshstartsocialagency.com; thank you!!!

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (HOT DAMMIT!) YES...SUPER TALLS!!!
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2021, 07:02:19 PM »
Perkins and Will would be my second choice; they are not too far off from Agency Landscaping; might be a tie between the two. I like them both but Agency Landscaping is my 1st preference though by the slimmest of margins.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal/ or, access my Social Service national/world wide page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: http://www.freshstartsocialagency.com; thank you!!!

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2021, 07:14:38 PM »
Based on the renderings, which might not be the only way to evaluate but is all we have for now, I favor the Perkins & Will design.  Seems to me to be more engaging, a wider range of features, an iconic sculpture and a bit more greenery/shade trees.

The other designs are OK but don't seem as inspired to me.

edjax

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2021, 07:18:36 PM »
To me Perkins and Will and it’s not even close. 

CityLife

« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2021, 07:21:44 PM »
On quick glance, I really like the Perkins and Will design. They hit on a lot of the concepts I mentioned as seemingly no brainer ideas (beer garden, splash pad/kids play area, heavily shaded outdoor dining, and open event space) https://www.metrojacksonville.com/forum/index.php/topic,36872.msg510446.html#msg510446

But they took it to the next level with the Jax sculpture and some other features.  Like I've said along, it will be very easy for these firms to design something far better for the general public than The Landing. Just a matter of whether or not the City will fund it. IMO, a design like this will be far more impactful than a Four Seasons in improving Jax's reputation and drawing people downtown. Really nicely done.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2021, 07:41:05 PM »
Just looking a the renderings, Perkins & Will is the clear frontrunner to me.

Both from a design perspective and from checking the boxes in the RFP.

I think it's pretty stunning.

I also think it might be the easiest to get public buy-in on.

Which will be necessary with a $23 to $30 million price tag (depending on whether the sculpture is brushed metal or a mirrored finish).