Author Topic: Edgewood Avenue lane repurposing renderings  (Read 900 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Edgewood Avenue lane repurposing renderings
« on: September 28, 2020, 07:06:10 AM »

A popular, up and coming destination for small businesses, bars and restaurants, Murray Hill's Edgewood Avenue South is in line for a makeover. After years of planning, a project to retrofit the corridor is moving forward.

Full article: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/edgewood-avenue-lane-repurposing-renderings/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Steve

• The Jaxson
Re: Edgewood Avenue lane repurposing renderings
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 09:23:54 AM »
Overall I like, but wouldn't the break in the bike lane between Trask and Antisdale lead to confusion?

acme54321

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 10:18:02 AM »
Overall I like, but wouldn't the break in the bike lane between Trask and Antisdale lead to confusion?

Hard to see but those appear to be sharrows painted on the road in that section to address the lack of a dedicated bike lane.  Same situation in the main commercial block.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 11:10:27 AM »
I had trouble seeing/understanding what was going on in those pics. I blame my advanced age for that.

Re: sharrows. Terrible idea, IMO.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 11:29:53 AM »

Hard to see but those appear to be sharrows painted on the road in that section to address the lack of a dedicated bike lane.  Same situation in the main commercial block.

I mean yes, I'm sure they're doing a sharrow for that block. My point is that its unexpected in that situation to merge bike and car traffic for one block. I just think for that block they should have stuck the parking aginst the sidewalk on the north side of the street, dumped the median parking and left the bike lanes for the whole stretch.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 12:12:59 PM »
My guess is it is that way because the business owners wanted as much extra parking as possible.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

tufsu1

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 03:47:56 PM »
As shown in the graphics, the changes continue down Lenox to Cassat Avenue. From Cassat to Normandy, JTA had design plans drawn up to repurpose Lenox from 4 lanes undivided to 2 lanes with a center turn lane and bike lanes. With the recent conversion of the parking lanes to bike lanes on Cassat, cycling infrastructure in the area will be vastly improved.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 12:23:07 PM »
What's the timeline for something like this?

Charles Hunter

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 12:58:57 PM »
What's the timeline for something like this?

According to the FDOT website http://nflroads.com/ProjectDetails.aspx?p=5333
the project should begin construction next summer (2021) and be completed by fall 2022, at a cost of $2.6 million.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 06:00:36 PM »
According to the FDOT website http://nflroads.com/ProjectDetails.aspx?p=5333
the project should begin construction next summer (2021) and be completed by fall 2022, at a cost of $2.6 million.

gracias!