Author Topic: The city to sod Jacksonville Landing site  (Read 7263 times)

Steve

• The Jaxson
Re: The city to sod Jacksonville Landing site
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2020, 09:22:06 AM »
Story just keeps getting better.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/toney-sleiman-may-make-second-run-at-the-jacksonville-landing-site

Good for him. It won't win in the court of public opinion, but COJ was dumb enough to make that terrible deal with him and was apparently stupid enough not to put a clause in there to restrict him from submitting a plan.

If after all of that Sleiman's RFP response is the best of the group, then there won't be enough eggs in the world to cover the faces of out "leaders"

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2020, 09:37:02 AM »
No way they won't tilt the scales to ensure Sleiman won't win the RFP.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxjaguar

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2020, 09:51:17 AM »
Woooow... the complete incompetence of Jax's leadership is truly astounding.

Surely, Sleiman will win the bid for pennies on the dollar of what he was settled. Then he'll open the worlds nicest trailer park on the water to spite the city and maximize his profits.

Snaketoz

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2020, 09:58:12 AM »
Toney will hose Curry again.

Papa33

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2020, 10:31:14 AM »
Good for Toney.  I hope he forwards a plan for the site that is doable, worthy, forward thinking and everything that a development on the site ought to be (whatever that is).  Despite what some (or many) may think of Toney, he cares about this city and he's willing to listen and compromise (unlike some of our elected, so called "leaders".

vicupstate

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2020, 11:06:50 AM »
The 8 acres includes the Main Street Bridge ramp that will be removed. Boyer said the state Department of Transportation is working toward that.

Glad to see this at least.

I doubt the city could have required Sleiman to be excluded. I also doubt anything he submits will be accepted. But to spite the city he might make his proposal better than anything else another bidder would propose, just so they look bad.   
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (HOT DAMMIT!) YES...SUPER TALLS!!!
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2020, 11:36:25 AM »
They make me sick. Pop up and special events my ass. Here we go again; I wonder whether the City will give him a fair chance and not hold anything against him because of the fiasco and drama that happened. If he has the best presentation and/or proposal, it should be chosen. But whacky Curry and Company, it's no telling what might happen.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

heights unknown

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2020, 11:37:39 AM »
Seeing all that grass and lawn space makes me want to throw my fold up chairs in my trunk and head straight for downtown Jax.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2020, 11:54:15 AM »
Lol this being Florida, you may as well bring some eggs with you. Laying out there will draw enough heat to scramble them.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

vicupstate

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2020, 02:49:25 PM »
I just thought of a new marketing slogan for Downtown Jacksonville:

Downtown Jacksonville

Where the grass is not only greener, there is a lot more of it!
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

JaxAvondale

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2020, 03:34:37 PM »
Sleiman right now

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2020, 11:20:23 AM »
I wonder whether the City will give him a fair chance

They had 15 years to clearly demonstrate they can do fart all with the place.   

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2020, 08:07:53 PM »
Can’t stand some waterfront open green space that could be an anchor for Vibrant Concrete encircling it?

We get the Downtown we deserve. Ha!...... 2020 here we are.

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2020, 11:48:53 PM »
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

heights unknown

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2020, 10:23:15 AM »
Well, all I know is, I went and got a permit the other day from the COJ to open up a lemonade stand where the Landing used to be. They were elated and asked me did I want to appear on one of the morning news shows for marketing. PSYCHE!!!! Just playing!!!