Author Topic: Interest in a Aldos "Cart Club"?????  (Read 700 times)

Glenn VL

Interest in a Aldos "Cart Club"?????
« on: February 16, 2020, 06:07:24 PM »
Was "spitballing" with Tad recently and i thought this community might be a great place to "plant the seeds". As Town Center urbanists know, there are no shortages of grocers in the core. With that said, those of us looking to keep things "on trend" know that it isn't always cheap!  :o :o :o

The in crowd covets the artisan cuisine and minimalist chic experience at Aldos. There is a "barrier to entry", and this is where our idea sprang from! In order to use a shopper's cart at Aldos, one must deposit a twenty-five cent piece into a state of the art apparatus.  :o But what if you only plan to fill a third of the cart with artisan sundries? Tad and I asked for a "pro-rated" fare and were told it was against store policy. :o :o :o

The idea we came up with was a "cart club"! Towns center bohemians coming together on a common schedule to SPLIT the cost of the cart! We are on a VERY selective "beta run". Please PM me your indication of interest along with your best "why you pitch" and i will respond with next steps.

Bill Bezos who :o:o
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 06:09:27 PM by Glenn VL »

Captain Zissou

Re: Interest in a Aldos "Cart Club"?????
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 08:33:34 PM »
Please consider me for this prestigious club.  I have reached out to other notable forumers for letters of recommendation and I am updating my resume now.  I hope that you are not yet at capacity as I would very much like to join this co-op of like minded sophisticates.

Respectfully,

CZ

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 09:40:23 PM »
Absolutely brilliant. I'm getting everyone in on this. I'm on the phone now with some of the top venture capitalists in the world, including the big boys like Masayoshi Son and Billy McFarland. Martin Shkreli wants to know if you're taking advantage of the blockchain. We're all ready to invest in the room for growth that such an exclusive experience has to offer.

itsfantastic1

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 11:06:46 PM »
There is absolutely no way this isn't someone's satire account. The misspellings of popular names like Aldi and Jeff Bezos, using town center and urbanist in the same sentence, an actual human in 2020 asking to pro-rate a quarter.

I feel like the Onion has specifically come to life in order to troll Jacksonville and this forum...

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 03:38:30 AM »
Hey Glenn - are you still doing the "Taste of the Town Center" blog? I'm planning on visiting Jax in August and would love to get some good insider tips.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Peter Griffin

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 07:16:21 AM »
There is absolutely no way this isn't someone's satire account. The misspellings of popular names like Aldi and Jeff Bezos, using town center and urbanist in the same sentence, an actual human in 2020 asking to pro-rate a quarter.

I feel like the Onion has specifically come to life in order to troll Jacksonville and this forum...

It's purposeful satire, don't spoil the joke!

I think the program is brilliant. I can't tell you how many times I've showed up to Aldo's just to only find I have only a single dime in my pocket but not a whole quarter and have to carry my groceries out in my big ole hands like a darn fool!