Author Topic: Publix - East San Marco  (Read 11717 times)

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
Re: Publix - East San Marco
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2020, 12:34:04 AM »
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2020, 09:57:42 AM »
https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/back-on-the-front-burner-publix-anchored-east-san-marco

Plans filed with COJ and SJRWMD. Not sure how that impacts timeline but those are steps that have to happen.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2020, 10:07:40 AM »
It means, assuming everything goes well, ground breaking is a couple of months away.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

FlaBoy

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2020, 12:45:25 PM »
It means, assuming everything goes well, ground breaking is a couple of months away.

Anything you would like to see reasonably improved on this site plan?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2020, 02:24:03 PM »
Having the dumpster at Hendricks and Alford Place. But at this point, go ahead and build it already.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

JBTripper

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2020, 02:35:46 PM »
I drove by today and saw road work happening on Atlantic Blvd. Not sure if that is at all related to this project, but that seems to be what the dirt and dirt-movers are there for.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2020, 04:13:41 PM »
They don't have permits to do anything, so the dirt movers definitely aren't there for the actual groundbreaking and construction.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2020, 07:17:10 PM »
Lol that might be what it takes to get it done!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 07:18:42 PM by thelakelander »

Bill Hoff

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »
They don't have permits to do anything, so the dirt movers definitely aren't there for the actual groundbreaking and construction.

Lake, you have some obsession with order and how things are supposed to work. Time to let it go.

First of all...it has been like 20 years for Regency’s Lawn. Enough.

Permits? We don’t need no stinkin permits.

A few of us in the neighborhood have got together....and screw it. We are building the f’ing Publix ourselves. I rented a couple of Tonkas...somebody got their hands on some dirt. I just need some big scissors and some gold spray paint for the shovels and we should be good to go.

Last night, I snuck over to the construction site with some Springfield contaminated ash, and mixed it in with the dirt there. Therefore, due to environmental complications, the San Marco Publix is now in limbo for the next 20 years.

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2020, 07:50:59 AM »
 ;D lol

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2020, 09:51:28 AM »
Current work is related to storm drain. And the following quote pretty much just sent my hopes down the drain....

“Everything is still progressing and we HOPE to file for permits by the end of the year”

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/work-starts-at-east-san-marco-at-hendricks-avenue-and-atlantic-boulevard

At this point my main question is what will happen first...East San Marco being built or we live in Greenville.I think it is going to be a close race.

In fairness they said that they'd file permits "later this year", not "at the end of the year".

But yea....I'm not getting excited for them moving dirt and pipes. With this project, I don't think I'll be excited until Publix says the store is open.

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »
Sigh... I miss the old American National Bank's (established January 2, 1942 per the web) art deco style building that was on this site.  Would have been neat if that could have been repurposed into a Publix  8).  Anyone have pictures of the ANB building?

In reference to my Charter Co. history posted under the Universal Marion Building, Charter's founder, Raymond Mason, personally owned this bank with his son when it was sold to SouthTrust.

Here is a little history I found:
1942-01-02      Institution established: Original name:American National Bank of Jacksonville
1982-11-01      Acquired American State Bank (18340) in JACKSONVILLE, FL
1984-12-31      Changed name to American National Bank of Florida
1985-01-01      Acquired American National Bank of Alachua County (19639) in GAINESVILLE, FL
1986-04-18      Acquired Florida Center Bank (21531) in ORLANDO, FL
1987-04-15      Acquired American National Bank of Clay County (26812) in ORANGE PARK, FL
1998-06-19      Merged into and subsequently operated as part of SouthTrust Bank, National Association (849) in BIRMINGHAM, AL
2005-01-03      Merged into and subsequently operated as part of Wachovia Bank, National Association (33869) in CHARLOTTE, NC
2010-03-20      Merged into and subsequently operated as part of Wells Fargo Bank, National Association (3511) in SIOUX FALLS, SD

https://www.usbanklocations.com/american-national-bank-of-florida-15872.shtml
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:52:48 PM by jaxlongtimer »

acme54321

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2020, 06:51:21 PM »
Hey, at least they're doing something LOL

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2020, 10:29:17 PM »
Current work is related to storm drain. And the following quote pretty much just sent my hopes down the drain....

“Everything is still progressing and we HOPE to file for permits by the end of the year”

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/work-starts-at-east-san-marco-at-hendricks-avenue-and-atlantic-boulevard

At this point my main question is what will happen first...East San Marco being built or we live in Greenville.I think it is going to be a close race.

Greenville!? What happened to Charleston?

vicupstate

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2020, 09:30:10 AM »
Matt, please PM me before you visit. I could give you an in-depth tour complete with a lot of back story. It would be my pleasure.   
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln