Author Topic: Publix - East San Marco  (Read 11700 times)

Peter Griffin

Re: Publix - East San Marco
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 07:40:41 AM »
OK so we are going to get a Publix eventually. This Publix will be built above a parking lot, for all practical purposes on the second floor of a building, How does a shopper get to their car ( on the lower floor) with a cart full of groceries? Take an elevator? An escalator? Or a ramp?
The plan is to park on the ground floor, correct?  Can you show some pictures of how this little detail is handled at the other Publix built this way please.

The Publix at the Aventura Mall near Hollywood, FL is built like this. They have really big elevators down to the garage. It's a super busy store but it works well, just gotta have elevator manners

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 07:48:47 AM »
Pretty sure the plan is 4 large elevators, but personally Iā€™m a fan of the cart escalator. Saw one for the first time in a Target like 20 years ago.

CityLife

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 08:57:16 AM »
Of the two Targets I go to, one is at grade with surface parking and one is on a second floor in a parking garage. I prefer the parking garage one. There's no risk of rain and you don't get the heat island effect in the summer. I would have to imagine it's more effective at loss prevention as well, since you aren't able to exit as quickly.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 09:26:42 AM by CityLife »

Captain Zissou

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 09:21:59 AM »
The Publix at the Aventura Mall near Hollywood, FL is built like this. They have really big elevators down to the garage. It's a super busy store but it works well, just gotta have elevator manners

That is also a Regency Centers property and one of the inspirations for this configuration. 

MusicMan

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2020, 05:23:24 PM »
I find it strange that whenever I belittle Regency there's a "Pile on"  effect from all the brilliant minds who blog here...

Regency "Best in Class"  blah blah blah, but when San Marco Matt calls it a steaming pile of ___  there no reaction at all.

Well I checked, and yes it's trading at a five year low, so it (price per share) pretty much is a steaming pile.  And yes 15 years later the residents of San Marco are still waiting on the first shovel of dirt to be turned.

Now I'm serious, with the catastrophic effect on retail that COVID 19 is supposedly having, will we ever see this proposed development come to fruition?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2020, 08:10:43 PM »
I could care less about what anyone thinks about Regency. However, I also doubt they're doing any construction on that site. Unless I've missed them, there have not been any reports about a construction permit being approved for this project.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.ā€ - Muhammad Ali

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2020, 11:09:31 AM »
with the catastrophic effect on retail that COVID 19 is supposedly having, will we ever see this proposed development come to fruition?

I think there's enough money out there in desperate search of a home that I suspect a small retail project anchored by a strong regional grocery store will happen.

One never knows, though.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2020, 10:22:21 AM »
LOL, this project is like the District, when it comes to local media press coverage. I'm 100% sure it will be one that won't quietly break ground. ;D
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.ā€ - Muhammad Ali

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2020, 10:30:38 AM »
LOL, this project is like the District, when it comes to local media press coverage. I'm 100% sure it will be one that won't quietly break ground. ;D

Amen. I'm expecting mariachi bands, a giant pair of scissors, maybe Trump to be a guest speaker, etc.

acme54321

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2020, 11:55:00 AM »
Am I crazy or did the pile grow yesterday?

Charles Hunter

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2020, 01:13:14 PM »
Am I crazy or did the pile grow yesterday?

Is someone making a mountain out of mole hill?

acme54321

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2020, 02:25:20 PM »
I just looked and there is an active permits for site clearing.  It's from 2016 but if they are about to rip up all of the old asphalt they have the permit to do it.  Maybe all of those piles of roadbase are to level the site?  The plot thickens, LOL.

acme54321

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2020, 01:15:37 PM »
Surveyors spotted on the tiny parking lot at the corner of Alford and Minerva this morning.  You heard it here first.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2020, 01:30:43 PM »
I can confirm the surveyors were there.  Was going to add that info, but was too lazy to find the thread.

acme54321

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2020, 06:20:59 PM »
MACHINES :o

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 06:24:54 PM by acme54321 »