Author Topic: Plan would transform Morocco Shrine Center property  (Read 701 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Plan would transform Morocco Shrine Center property
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:48:16 AM »
Developers envision people of all ages, from students to seniors, living in the community with educational, retail and entertainment amenities that could include a food hall.

The location is south of Beach Boulevard and north of the University of North Florida and St. Johns Town Center.

The association plans for up to 1,025 multifamily units developed around the converted main temple building.

The 100,000-square-foot temple building would comprise 40,000 square feet for UNF facilities; 30,000 square feet for retail, food and grocery uses; 15,000 square feet for gym and fitness; 10,000 square feet of common area; and 5,000 square feet for a theater.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/plan-would-transform-morocco-shrine-center-property
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
Re: Plan would transform Morocco Shrine Center property
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 09:13:45 AM »
Oh. Wow.

This seems pretty alright. Decent adaptive reuse of all that property, student apartments. Surprised it took over a year for the plan to come out, but honestly, get it done.

vicupstate

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 10:55:39 AM »
Am I the only one that sees a juxtaposition between students and seniors living in the same complex?

Will the seniors be invited to the keg parties and the students to the bingo games? 
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

Peter Griffin

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 11:01:23 AM »
Am I the only one that sees a juxtaposition between students and seniors living in the same complex?

Will the seniors be invited to the keg parties and the students to the bingo games?

Boomers and zoomers coming together to insult millenials? Yeah, that sounds like a blast. I'd join in for sure. Mr. Johnson tapped the keg at the last tailgate party, it was killer. It was all good until my boy Doug made a pass at his wife, he was so wasted

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 04:43:32 PM »
Based on the stories coming out of The Villages, I'm not sure the frat boys could hang with the old folks.