Author Topic: Downtown's Akers-Cody Building to be demolished?  (Read 964 times)

avonjax

Re: Downtown's Akers-Cody Building to be demolished?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 09:26:49 AM »
When is this demolition, wrecking ball, and razing madness going to stop?

Welcome to Jacksonville!!

You mean "Welcome to Demolishville"

Bativac

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 09:06:23 PM »
I refuse to believe They are destroying perfectly good buildings with no ready plan to replace them. This is happening way too frequently.

You must be new to town!

downtownbrown

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »
At this point I’m starting to think there has to be some sort of secret influx of funding into the Downtown area. I refuse to believe They are destroying perfectly good buildings with no ready plan to replace them. This is happening way too frequently. So frequently that I’m developing conspiracies. Is Jax expecting a lot of Chinese investors? Are we getting Saudi oil money that’s trying to diversify??? WTF is going on?

Chinese investors....Hmmmm.......

Kerry

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 12:12:45 PM »
I guess Jax is trying Urban Renewal Part 2....because Part 1 worked out so well.

How ling befor JaxChamber makes a video like this.

https://youtu.be/ZhXaPSz8Sto
Third Place

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2020, 12:23:03 PM »
^Last year, it was Buffalo. This year, they're headed to Tampa. Just 10 years ago, one could have made a strong argument that DT Jax was faring better than Tampa's.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Kerry

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 12:30:51 PM »
^Last year, it was Buffalo. This year, they're headed to Tampa. Just 10 years ago, one could have made a strong argument that DT Jax was faring better than Tampa's.

When I had field trips back in grade school we always had to write a paragraph on what we learned.  I would love to see a paragraph from someone after one of these trips.
Third Place