Author Topic: 3-alarm fire destroys $16.5 million apartment building under construction  (Read 957 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
A massive, pre-dawn fire destroyed a four-story apartment building under construction on the Southside of Jacksonville. No injuries were reported in the three-alarm fire at the Fusion apartments being built at Nursery Fields Drive and Sweetwater Parkway off East Baymeadows Road, according to Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department officials.

Full article: https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20200112/3-alarm-fire-destroys-165-million-jacksonville-apartment-building-under-construction
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Peter Griffin

amazing that nobody was injured. I gotta wonder what the cause was given it started on a cool night...

Kerry

amazing that nobody was injured. I gotta wonder what the cause was given it started on a cool night...

Usually it a hot piece of construction equipment that is left lying around after everyone leaves for the day.
Third Place

Peter Griffin

Usually it a hot piece of construction equipment that is left lying around after everyone leaves for the day.

I can't really imagine any piece of construction equipment that would be hot enough to start a fire after being left behind for several hours, seeing as this is said to have started in the wee hours of the morning. Not to mention it was a Sunday, not a likely construction day

JaGoaT

INSURANCE SCAM OR REVENGE LOL

Kerry

I can't really imagine any piece of construction equipment that would be hot enough to start a fire after being left behind for several hours, seeing as this is said to have started in the wee hours of the morning. Not to mention it was a Sunday, not a likely construction day

The blue bars are structures under construction.  Of course, this includes all structures under construction from singled family homes to office buildings.  Back in 2000 when the Ybor City (Tampa) apartments burned it was from an electrical line that set a palm tree on fire that then spread to the apartments under construction.

Third Place