Author Topic: Jax Post-Jags  (Read 2561 times)

I-10east

Re: Jax Post-Jags
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2019, 01:04:14 AM »
There is no reason it should have to be in Jax or downtown.  We can't claim we are the center of the Florida music history, but neither can any other city in Florida. So why should it be in downtown Jax?  Really for no more reason than I thought it up and I live here.  If I still lived in Tampa I would argue for it to be there.

The type of Hame of Fame that I often hear most people mention concerning Jax isn't a "Florida Music Hall of Fame" (like mentioned earlier) but a "Southern Rock Hall of Fame" something that is unique to Jax within Florida. 

Kerry

« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2019, 09:54:46 AM »
There is no reason it should have to be in Jax or downtown.  We can't claim we are the center of the Florida music history, but neither can any other city in Florida. So why should it be in downtown Jax?  Really for no more reason than I thought it up and I live here.  If I still lived in Tampa I would argue for it to be there.

The type of Hame of Fame that I often hear most people mention concerning Jax isn't a "Florida Music Hall of Fame" (like mentioned earlier) but a "Southern Rock Hall of Fame" something that is unique to Jax within Florida.

Macon, GA already has it.
Third Place

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2019, 10:19:52 AM »

No it doesn’t. It has the Allman Brothers Museum.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2019, 10:28:17 AM »

No, it most certainly does not.

https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/southern-rock-pilgrimage-the-allman-brothers-big-house/

The home where the Allman Brothers lived for three years has been preserved as a museum for the band's legacy to Southern Rock. Additionally, Mercer University has renovated the former Capricorn Studios building as part of a larger complex featuring a music incubator space and some residential lofts that will formally open next month.

There is a group locally that is seeking to establish a similar musical academy in the urban core. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 11:17:41 AM by fieldafm »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2019, 11:12:47 AM »
Macon had a Georgia Music Hall of Fame. It opened in 1996 but closed from lack of attendance in 2011.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Kerry

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2019, 01:45:13 PM »
Could have swore I read recently that they were going to Macon, but I would be happy with it here.  This is the kind of stuff the City should be spending tourism dollars on.

https://m.facebook.com/southernrockhall/

https://michaelbuffalo.net/southern_rock_hall_of_fame
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 01:49:10 PM by Kerry »
Third Place