Author Topic: Pedal Pub coming to Downtown, Springfield, Riverside  (Read 766 times)

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
Re: Pedal Pub coming to Downtown, Springfield, Riverside
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 12:32:13 PM »
Oh nice! Maybe this can help serve the bikeshare void.

J/k, it's a good get and I don't see why it can't work here (though feels a tad pricey if no alcohol is included)

Captain Zissou

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 01:50:50 PM »
I hope this succeeds, but only so that a better operation sees their success and comes along later.  Being the first mover is tough and I applaud them, but $40 for 20 minutes at a few bars seems pretty steep.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 01:55:01 PM »
^Agreed. I'm thinking the target market might be young professionals where a company would be willing to pay $240 (8 people, $30 a pop) for the entire thing as a team building thing. I could see that working.

J Random Sucker

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »
As far as the Springfield "route," it covers 2.5 blocks, so, yeah, $38 seems steep.  In addition, only Crispy's and Strings are open before 3pm, so that's a bit limiting for the weekday possibilities.

I'm guessing (hoping?) they'd use the alleys, as opposed to riding up/down Main Street.

I'm not opposed.  I've seen similar in other cities, and the participants seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 04:52:39 PM »
As far as the Springfield "route," it covers 2.5 blocks, so, yeah, $38 seems steep. 

I'll take an educated guess and say they'll be taking the scenic route in the neighborhood. If the goal was to get to point A to B the quickest, people would be taking vehicles to these pubs/bars.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 09:43:31 PM »
As far as the Springfield "route," it covers 2.5 blocks, so, yeah, $38 seems steep. 

I'll take an educated guess and say they'll be taking the scenic route in the neighborhood. If the goal was to get to point A to B the quickest, people would be taking vehicles to these pubs/bars.

yeah, I was assuming there was legitimately a "tour" involved with historic sites or architectural commentary. If this was strictly a "fun" way to transport on a bar crawl, then the price is insane.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 12:48:19 PM »
I'm curious where they'd envision their San Marco route being.  I can't imagine many people want this group of drunk, noisy going down their street.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 01:25:01 PM »
I'm curious where they'd envision their San Marco route being.  I can't imagine many people want this group of drunk, noisy going down their street.

LOL, because the cars, trucks and trains in the neighborhood are famously quiet.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Peter Griffin

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »

It rides by, then it's gone. Motorcycles and sporty cars with loud exhaust are more of a nuisance than passing drunks by a long shot

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 02:18:23 PM »

I'm not saying it is or isn't.  I'm observing that most residential folk in that area ain't going to like this thing coming down their street.   Their complaints can't stop a train.  BUt we're talking about a nonmotorized mobile, open air bar that requires several licenses from the city and state to operate.  People's complaints can affect some of that licensing, no?

Peter Griffin

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 02:29:18 PM »

I'm not saying it is or isn't.  I'm observing that most residential folk in that area ain't going to like this thing coming down their street.   Their complaints can't stop a train.  BUt we're talking about a nonmotorized mobile, open air bar that requires several licenses from the city and state to operate.  People's complaints can affect some of that licensing, no?
I wouldn't think so, since this isn't a zoning issue, it's a permit to operate. Not only that, but I think I've actually seen these kinda things in Riverside before. it was several years back, but I definitely remember one going down Post St near the King St district