Author Topic: Nate Monroe: JEA’s secret internal code name for the sale is hilarious  (Read 1724 times)

Tacachale

• Administrator
Nate Monroe: JEA’s secret internal code name for the sale is hilarious — and perfect

By Nate Monroe

Posted at 12:10 PM   

This is not a joke: JEA executives are using an odd and secret term to discuss the sale process.

JEA executives have been using an odd code name for their highly controversial utility sale process, and they have done a remarkably good job — until now — keeping it under wraps. This is not general knowledge within JEA.

Behold, Project Scampi.

This is not a joke. That is the term executives use internally to talk about the sale.

It is the perfect name.

Scampi — a dish often prepared with linguine and accompanied by the sauteed meat of a crustaceous bottom feeder. It can cause severe illness if not prepared properly.

[/url]

https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20191205/nate-monroe-jearsquos-secret-internal-code-name-for-sale-is-hilarious-mdash-and-perfect
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Papa33

Re: Nate Monroe: JEA’s secret internal code name for the sale is hilarious
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »
This whole affair is the gift that just keeps on giving.  I don't want to thank the JEA Board for hiring Zahn . . . but man.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 10:19:52 AM »
This is starting to get funny to me. It wasn't funny before, because I thought there was a chance it actually happened. But now it seems once a week there's something downright ridiculous that comes out about this entire thing to the point that the City Council has to know they can't go along with it. Clearly Carlucci isn't in favor of this. Now, he can be because he's one of the few Republicans that frankly, doesn't "need" anyone else - he built his own reputation in well deserved fashion that short of a catastrophic scandal, nothing Curry says will hurt his reputation.

I think the only reason Curry hasn't come out and said, "we shouldn't sell JEA" is because he'd then have to pull it back twice in two terms which would look, well, awful. But, it's not looking great with his, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" approach either.

If I was Curry and I was hellbent on selling JEA, I'd pressure Zahn to resign. At this point Zahn doesn't seem capable of managing an Elementary School Bake Sale, never mind a multi-billion dollar utility. His best hope is get him to resign, and hope they can find a competent CEO whose beliefs align with Curry. Because Zahn looks about as successful as Blake Bortles at the moment.

vicupstate

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 10:38:19 AM »
It would be funny, if it weren't serious. The whole thing is a searing indictment of the whole city, and to some degree the state. The fact that residents haven't raised enough hell already, that it is still an ongoing possibility, says volumes. It says either they don't care or they have no power at all.

Corruption has long found fertile soil in Jacksonville (the whole impetus for consolidation) and it has clearly taken root again.     
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

Gators312

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 11:31:48 AM »
Because Zahn looks about as successful as Blake Bortles at the moment.

Blake's been beat up enough, why insult him further?

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
It would be funny, if it weren't serious. The whole thing is a searing indictment of the whole city, and to some degree the state. The fact that residents haven't raised enough hell already, that it is still an ongoing possibility, says volumes. It says either they don't care or they have no power at all.

Corruption has long found fertile soil in Jacksonville (the whole impetus for consolidation) and it has clearly taken root again.     

To a degree. I don't have an issue at this point with some council members remaining silent. At this point it's not an issue in front of them so for SOME of them, it doesn't behoove them to make a statement either way.

Carlucci and Priestly Jackson are in different positions (within their respective communities). Both are EXTREMELY well respected and trusted and are much more immune to backlash than most of the others.

It's apparent to everyone that the people involved with this are about as competent as Farva from Super Troopers or those guys in Charlotte who tried to rob the Armored Car Vault in the 1990's then thought it made sense to spend it like some lottery winner. It's beyond comprehension how idiotic their planning has been.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 11:35:03 AM »

I have $26.5M guaranteed reasons. Once Nick Foles leaves I'll have $50M guaranteed reasons to rip on him too.

Gators312

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 11:51:59 AM »

I have $26.5M guaranteed reasons. Once Nick Foles leaves I'll have $50M guaranteed reasons to rip on him too.

They are both still better at their jobs than Zahn.  Js.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 11:54:16 AM »

They are both still better at their jobs than Zahn.  Js.

Fair:)

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 08:42:10 PM »
I recall when there was a push to name a future, then obscure future roadway in honor of Tillie Fowler. The pushback from the Fowler group in response to connecting her name to what would be named First Coast Expressway was hilarious, as was the Florida Times Union lack of “ Reporting”, which escalated during Mayor Delaney era.( That certain First Coast X-way section at Clay/ Duval line begs for Delaney Official Recognition....)
One can only imagine even today, FTU column inches sniped and left on the floor even as some breathlessly look to Monroe.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 08:54:15 PM by Florida Power And Light »