Author Topic: And now for something completely different  (Read 3227 times)

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: And now for something completely different
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2019, 12:44:59 PM »
Snaketoz, I'm not looking at it from a morality or religious standpoint, I'm just trying to find a trail of logic - ('Jane Doe favors this issue but not that one...but they both boil down to the same thing', if you want it sort of in the form of an algebra problem).

I think if you took the time to examine the various arguments and the reasons people take their particular positions, you'd see the logic.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Snaketoz

Re: And now for something completely different
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 05:35:09 PM »
Snaketoz, I'm not looking at it from a morality or religious standpoint, I'm just trying to find a trail of logic - ('Jane Doe favors this issue but not that one...but they both boil down to the same thing', if you want it sort of in the form of an algebra problem).
I think most people aren't really "pro" anything.  I am not pro abortion, but I am against any sort of legal or social penalties for those who decide to have an abortion. I guess either side of the issue can claim me.  I own guns, but I favor gun control.  So, am I pro abortion for wanting the choice being up to the mother?  Am I a gun control anti-American for wanting sensible control? Or am I a gun nut due to owning a few?  Hell, I don't know how to describe myself.