Author Topic: Trust in the Mainstream Media is Declining  (Read 2026 times)

vicupstate

Re: Trust in the Mainstream Media is Declining
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2019, 07:24:31 PM »
^^The comment section (first link) full of progressives is what I was talking about (not relating to the candidates). The second link obviously shows a person on a similar panel (like on the first link) being coached to say the CNN propaganda; I don't know how anyone could say otherwise (unless you work for CNN).

Russian bot and trolls post to comments sections, that means nothing. And no there isn't any 'coaching' going on in that 2nd clip.

Tulsi Gabbard is an interloper that is being propped up by the opposition.   
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

I-10east

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2019, 09:07:35 PM »
^^^Nope!!! Many are Democratic voters. It's so obvious to tell from a Trump supporter from a Democratic voter. CNN doesn't have hegemony over the entire left....

The "Muh Russia" BS narrative is so played out that even most Dems don't say it anymore.... China is the real threat, and Dems finally are forced to address that (with Trump's successful stance on trade).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:31:36 PM by I-10east »

I-10east

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2019, 09:50:02 PM »
Remember when I made that outspoken post about China? How have my opinions held up? Pretty damn good...

Attempted Hong Kong extradition treaty
Falun Gong organ harvesting
Uyghurs in concentration camps
Africa colonization
Far fetched South China Sea water disputes with neighboring countries (Vietnam, the Philippines etc)
Militarized artificial islands in South China Sea
Plans to invade Taiwan (which may go through or not)
Largest world polluter
Intellectual property theft masters of the world
Currency manipulation
Human rights atrocities in Tibet
Control of news media & sports in foreign countries (including the US; also the NBA and much of Hollywood)
Huawei telecom company spying on various countries, causing national security concerns
Brutal repressive regime (CCP)

-just off the top of my head....

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 10:42:42 PM by I-10east »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2019, 10:57:45 PM »
^^The comment section (first link) full of progressives is what I was talking about (not relating to the candidates). The second link obviously shows a person on a similar panel (like on the first link) being coached to say the CNN propaganda; I don't know how anyone could say otherwise (unless you work for CNN).

I only watched the video against my better judgment. I’m damn sure not reading any YouTube comments.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

I-10east

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2019, 05:55:38 AM »
That's fine, you do have to read the comments. The commenters are somehow all far right extremist and Russian bots; mass coordinating and thumbs downing CNN videos all out of spite.... Nevermind CNN's all time record low ratings....

No offense to anyone, but if you are a left leaning person from the Greatest generation or a Baby Boomer (or even older Gen X), it's understandable to have a high trust of the media, I get it. Anyone else on either side of the spectrum (young Gen X, Millennials etc) I just don't get it....TV and cable are dying medias. Everything that is exciting and unbiased is on the internet.

Notable news don't have to come from a 7 figure shill pundit (on left or right) reading a teleprompter. Do yourself a favor (anyone on the left) and watch a David Pakman youtube video, or something; I TOTALLY don't agree with him, but he's more entertaining and true telling than CNN, MSNBC etc. There are plenty of people on the left on youtube.

When the famous Sinclair News (right leaning media) video compilation came out a couple of years ago, everyone said that it was propaganda (rightfully so). When the leftist news media does the same thing multiplied time 100,000 every single day 24/7 (Orange Man Bad, and dreams of a successful impeachment) that's supposed to be okay and normal? Nah Jack! 

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2019, 06:14:35 AM »
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

I-10east

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2019, 06:34:34 AM »
I don't believe everything on Youtube. That meme can be inverted the other way also Adam....

"aLL oF YoUtUbE Is PrOpAgAnDa" (Believes everything ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and MSNBC says)

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2019, 06:52:36 AM »
I don't believe everything on Youtube. That meme can be inverted the other way also Adam....

"aLL oF YoUtUbE Is PrOpAgAnDa" (Believes everything ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and MSNBC says)

Except that's not the case. Scepticism works both ways - you need to apply it to all sources of news, not just the ones saying things you don't like. The mainstream media has made plenty of mistakes - but that doesn't mean everything that appears in the news is made up. Some idiot with a YouTube channel can say whatever he wants, with no attribution or evidence, and some people will just lap it up.

“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

I-10east

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2019, 07:34:16 AM »
^^^Okay, so a very smart person on youtube (some idiot as you say) can give their takes about political issues, use various forms of media that they trust the most, and even some legacy media when they rarely tell the truth (use the left AND right political spectrums), gets information a lot quicker than the dinosaur media, and actually be interesting with a personality (not reading from a teleprompter).

Adam, do you know what corrupts news organizations? The all mighty dollar. When a pundit is bought off, they will do anything to appease sponsors; one wrong thing said, you lose your sponsor moolah. News youtubers and sponsorships aren't a must, like the MSM is. Appeasing political parties for whatever partisan media is also an issue (when ratings are at stake).

There's a reason why Columbia University polled the media as unreliable by people on both sides. The cat is outta the bag, and that cat is well hidden four miles deep into the woodline. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 08:17:49 AM by I-10east »

I-10east

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2019, 07:56:51 AM »
If the left had their version of Project Veritas; exposing people on the right as phonies etc, it would've been celebrated by all of the leftist legacy media as very effective with it's grassroots exposes, and truly a great whistleblowing organization; they would be on Time magazine like Greta.

Since Project Veritas is on the right, it's all "fill in the blank ad hominem attacks because it doesn't align with my political viewpoint" Use one dimensionality to demonize PV (because they might have got one thing wrong, the upteen times correct, be damned!!!) All PV does is just sit back on hidden camera, and give Dems and leftists the rope to hang themselves, and that's what often happens. It's literally the anti-propaganda. What's said on video 9.5 times out of 10 is very paramount (so you can't say 'muh out of context')

I know that all of the left wish they had something as effective as PV, you all would love it (but since you leftists are looking at the tip of the arrow, be hypocritical of course).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 08:19:01 AM by I-10east »

Todd_Parker

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2019, 09:44:08 AM »
If the left had their version of Project Veritas; exposing people on the right as phonies etc, it would've been celebrated by all of the leftist legacy media as very effective with it's grassroots exposes, and truly a great whistleblowing organization; they would be on Time magazine like Greta.

Since Project Veritas is on the right, it's all "fill in the blank ad hominem attacks because it doesn't align with my political viewpoint" Use one dimensionality to demonize PV (because they might have got one thing wrong, the upteen times correct, be damned!!!) All PV does is just sit back on hidden camera, and give Dems and leftists the rope to hang themselves, and that's what often happens. It's literally the anti-propaganda. What's said on video 9.5 times out of 10 is very paramount (so you can't say 'muh out of context')

I know that all of the left wish they had something as effective as PV, you all would love it (but since you leftists are looking at the tip of the arrow, be hypocritical of course).

Is this a joke?

MusicMan

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2019, 11:17:44 AM »
Not really. But I 10 East might be. Sorry.....  Clearly you see HE has lost all faith in the MS media.

avonjax

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »
The partisan leftist gatekeepers and attack dogs only defend the bullshit mainstream propaganda, because 98 percent of this 'news' currently says "Orange Man Bad" 24 hours, 365 days of the year, and that aligns with their ideology. That's why according to one of the most leftist colleges in the US, 58 percent of Democrats think that the MSM is bullshit; Could it be that their confidence in the media is damaged when they said that Trump had no chance in hell of winning the 2016 election? Could it be that most of the country realizes that this impeachment is just a partisan kangaroo court that will ultimately hurt Democrats in the long run?

The MSM is BS, and should be fact checked on everything that they say. The news used to be news (for the most part), now it's just multiplied opinion pieces disguised as news. Are their real journalists out there? Yes! Are the overwhelming majority of them in either alternative media or retired (MSM)? IMO yes! People like Ted Koppel and Lara Logan are some of the very few real journalist (retired) that aren't partisan leftist shills.

The idea that I'm joined at the hip to Fox News and only conservative talking points is outright BS, because Fox is also mainstream media. I'll watch a clip of Fox News on youtube every once in a while here and there (also CNN and MSNBC to troll them, as they seemingly always get ratioed). I watch people in the alternative media that are on the LEFT and HATE Trump. People Like 'Tim Pool' (a real liberal that calls out the MSM BS), and 'We Are Change' (a group that's been everywhere from Somalia to Epstein's Island).

Do you think that CNN is gonna do an expose about Epstein's Island, and the people on the flight manifest??? Or a Fox News pundit interacting with you on social media? Or MSNBC giving Tulsi Gabbard a fair amount of time during the Democratic Debate? No chance. 

Funny "Orange Man IS Bad." Seems the MSM may not be so biased after all.

avonjax

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2019, 01:35:52 PM »

Russian bot and trolls post to comments sections, that means nothing. And no there isn't any 'coaching' going on in that 2nd clip.

Tulsi Gabbard is an interloper that is being propped up by the opposition.   

Tulsi may be innocent in all of this but she is being propped up by the opposition never-the-less.

avonjax

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2019, 01:47:04 PM »

You are exactly what Trump wants. Make people lose all faith in the MSM even when they state facts so you can be brainwashed by the praise networks like Fox and crazy people on the internet feed you. They all make mistakes but come on when one of the main news stories on Fox on Dec 24th was about how over 200 Evangelical groups are ready to "tar and feather" a publication that writes an editorial stating that Trump should be impeached and removed it feeds right into the radical right wing agenda. Please. How do you defend an immoral, lying, adulterer in an Evangelical publication. Why do you think people who are left leaning dislike Trump so much? And have no faith in the Evangelical movement.