Author Topic: Parking Privatization: Jacksonville vs. Nashville  (Read 4654 times)

Peter Griffin

Re: Parking Privatization: Jacksonville vs. Nashville
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2020, 03:22:13 PM »
I'm aware the points I made above were discussed elsewhere, I was just voicing my opinions about downtown parking. I didn't realize how many spaces were taken up by non-paying city employees who aren't ticketed for their illegal parking. I only know my experience is one of frustration.

It's easier for me to bike around Riverside or even make the long trek Downtown on my bicycle than it is to drive downtown, which keeps me from visiting it as often. Even before I lived in Riverside I at least knew I'd be hunting for street parking until I found it, so I'd go there since it was predictable. Downtown, which garage? $5 cash only lot, $10 cash only lot, free meter, which garage? Who's to say this fellow in a yellow vest isn't just some guy collecting cash and letting people park in a lot where I'll be towed? I don't trust it. Let me swipe my card and park in a garage, please!

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2020, 03:43:42 PM »
^^totally appreciate the perspective. It is one that is shared almost universally, among those I talk with (IE people that park downtown during the day and on nights/weekends). 

The admittedly childish told-you-so was directed at the few know-it-all contrarians that unfortunately infiltrate this forum.

Peter Griffin

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2020, 03:51:07 PM »
The admittedly childish told-you-so was directed at the few know-it-all contrarians that unfortunately infiltrate this forum.

I gotcha  ;)

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2020, 09:46:05 PM »
Two guys wearing “ Nashville “ caps, posing as Jacksonville Rail Yard Investors,one the buyer, closed on Storage unit, the other the Architect, ready to roll from antiquated rail yard storage and transport to .......

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2020, 01:03:37 PM »
The stuff on downtown parking reminded me of a few weeks ago.  I flew back early afternoon.   With some time on my hands, I parked downtown to do some shopping at the Cub & Wolf and Chamblins.   Being an airhead, I didn't even think of paying my meter.  How the hell do you park downtown mid afternoon in the middle fo the week not pay a meter for 90 minutes and not get a ticket?  FIIK, but I didn't get one.