Author Topic: Five Major Projects For November's DDRB Meeting  (Read 3650 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Five Major Projects For November's DDRB Meeting
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 04:25:09 PM »

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 04:33:16 PM »
Wow. I wasn’t expecting that. Thanks.
It will be interesting to see who they get to come in there. But combine this with DogTopia, SoBa, and Riverplace work eventually getting finished and suddenly N of 95 could be dramatically changed. Guess the parking lot under the bridge would get a lot more use.

MusicMan

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 04:35:36 PM »
It will, SMM, cause there ain't enough parking on that mock up to accommodate two restaurants with 500 combined seats.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 04:38:52 PM »
It will, SMM, cause there ain't enough parking on that mock up to accommodate two restaurants with 500 combined seats.

And more potential Buggy use....

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 04:42:02 PM »
I love that parking lot under the bridge. It's a good spot to park for free and hop on the skyway if you work downtown.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2019, 07:13:54 AM »
So are they just demolishing the back part of the property off Kings with the existing building for parking?
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2019, 07:19:47 AM »
Yes, the back building and a small one in the middle of the property. This is basically an adaptive reuse project with selective demo.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2019, 08:23:36 AM »
Hmm.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2019, 10:07:38 AM »

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2019, 10:45:38 AM »
DDRB gives final approval to Florida Blue parking garage in Brooklyn
https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/photo-gallery/ddrb-gives-final-approval-to-florida-blue-parking-garage-in-brooklyn

I don't love this thing, but it is what it is I guess. What an opportunity wasted for the corner of Park and Forest. I mean I guess it's something that it looks like this thing can legit accommodate retail on both sides. I'm thinking they wouldn't do the conversion, if ever, unless they thing they could rent the space for a decent amount.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 12:06:40 PM »
Could the incentives be structured to tip the economic scale to "retail" vs "parking"?  Would still need to guarantee holding some minimum number of spaces for public parking evenings and weekends.  I can see Blue telling the City in a few years, "Well, we could convert those parking spaces to retail, but that's where the public spaces are, and we can't move those public spaces elsewhere in the garage.  Which do you want?"

tufsu1

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2019, 09:54:07 AM »

I don't love this thing, but it is what it is I guess. What an opportunity wasted for the corner of Park and Forest.

That intersection was lost with the Gate station design

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2019, 10:04:13 AM »

I don't love this thing, but it is what it is I guess. What an opportunity wasted for the corner of Park and Forest.

That intersection was lost with the Gate station design

It didn't have to be. Look at Park and King in Riverside. The Walgreens is terrible, but all three other corners are fine.

MusicMan

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2020, 10:21:18 PM »
It's unofficially official:  Reddi Arts will be re-locating to Main Street near Crispy's.