Author Topic: Jax Rides Launches Electric Bike Tours of the City  (Read 1577 times)

Tacachale

• Administrator
Jax Rides Launches Electric Bike Tours of the City
« on: November 08, 2019, 11:24:49 AM »

Need something to do for the holiday weekend? Jax Rides, a new local business, hosts unique tours of Jacksonville’s urban core on electric, fat-tire bikes that resemble motorcycles is worth an experience.

Read more: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/jax-rides-launches-electric-bike-tours-of-the-city/
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

acme54321

Re: Jax Rides Launches Electric Bike Tours of the City
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 11:52:19 AM »
Interesting concept, but I'm curious on the legality of the whole thing.  First off, these are electric scooters, so "bikes" in the sense a motorcycle is a bike.  On that same note, they do not appear to have some of the equipment to make them street legal (turn signals) and aren't registered.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 12:15:11 PM »
Thanks for bringing attention to this.  Tours of the urban core are something we need more of, and this looks fun.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 08:40:12 PM »
Interesting concept, but I'm curious on the legality of the whole thing.  First off, these are electric scooters, so "bikes" in the sense a motorcycle is a bike.  On that same note, they do not appear to have some of the equipment to make them street legal (turn signals) and aren't registered.

You don't need turn signals on a motorcycle either.

Under a certain HP, there's no need for registration, driver's license or motorcycle endorsement.

Headlights & brake lights are only req'd if ridden at night.

Hand-signals are A-OK.  You can use them in your car if you like.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:41:47 PM by Non-RedNeck Westsider »
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

acme54321

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 10:53:17 PM »

Under a certain HP, there's no need for registration, driver's license or motorcycle endorsement.

I'm not going to take it any further, but you may want to do some research on the subject.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 11:05:47 PM »

I'm not going to take it any further, but you may want to do some research on the subject.

Thinking you know something and finding out you're massively incorrect is why the internet was invented.  Thanks to both you and Al Gore, I'm a more informed person now.  ;D
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 04:19:56 AM »

Given that this is a business, you'd kind of hope that they looked into all that sort of stuff before they launched.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

acme54321

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 09:48:34 AM »

Given that this is a business, you'd kind of hope that they looked into all that sort of stuff before they launched.

You'd think so, but...

sandyshoes

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 04:37:33 PM »
Given the propensity to get shot at anywhere, anytime in Jacksonville, why would one wish to do this?  It was a nice idea, and I love those unsung areas of Jax too, but unfortunately this is a different day. It's not safe.  I will just have to content myself with seeing the photos and reading about their histories on this wonderful forum.