Author Topic: Week of Valor / Veteran's Day ?  (Read 600 times)

sandyshoes

Week of Valor / Veteran's Day ?
« on: November 05, 2019, 08:36:32 AM »
Maybe I've been under a rock pretty much, but has anyone seen/heard any proclamation of this being the Week of Valor, as it is the week before Veteran's Day?  Usually there is a proclamation from the mayor, with some sort of events scheduled.  BTW, be sure and thank some of those 'coots' (not MY word) or the elderly bagboys in your local grocery store.  I know of three at one particular Publix location who are all veterans.  Some of your cashiers and stockers may also be; Veterans come in all ages now.  Might be a good excuse to engage them in brief conversation to find out and then respectfully thank them for their service on Veteran's Day, Monday, November 11.  Especially since the returning Vietnam veterans were never welcomed home and thanked properly until several years ago. 

Tacachale

• Administrator
Re: Week of Valor / Veteran's Day ?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 09:23:10 AM »
Good ideas. There are Celebration of Valor events planned, here’s the schedule: https://www.coj.net/valor
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sandyshoes

Re: Week of Valor / Veteran's Day ?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 06:01:15 PM »
You are awesome, Tacachale...I had googled before posting, and only stuff from 2012 came up.  It's good to know Jax FL is continuing to recognize Veterans other than just the parade.  Thank you.