Author Topic: Miami investor proposes the city’s tallest building  (Read 4418 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Miami investor proposes the city’s tallest building
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 08:19:40 PM »
MiMo or Miami Modern is an architectural style but I doubt that's what it means locally. "Miami-style" more than likely equates to being something much taller than what's in Jax.

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Kerry

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 09:00:10 PM »
MiMo or Miami Modern is an architectural style but I doubt that's what it means locally. "Miami-style" more than likely equates to being something much taller than what's in Jax.

Thanks.  I tried looking it up but all I could come up with is Miami style high waist jeans.

Finally found MiMo style architecture - I hope he was joking about that or mis-applied the term because that would be a 700' pile of crap.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:04:31 PM by Kerry »
Third Place

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 09:02:58 PM »
We've seen this before. How long before this gets added to the long list of shoulda coulda's. The graveyard of Jax's dead projects

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 09:29:06 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it but this will make Heights Unknown pretty giddy!

A Miami investor has proposed Jacksonville’s first Northbank high-rise in almost 30 years that also would tower over Downtown’s tallest buildings.

Miami real estate investor Ramon Llorens presented conceptual designs for a 54-story, mixed-use tower at the site of the former Downtown Greyhound terminal to Downtown Investment Authority CEO Lori Boyer.

Boyer said Monday that Llorens and a Miami-based architect presented plans for the 1.46-acre site during a meeting at her office in October.

Llorens did not respond to a request for comment Monday.

Full article: https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/miami-investor-proposes-the-citys-tallest-building

My head is swimming. I'm dizzy, crazy, and giddy. Am I dreaming? Is this only a dream? Y'all made this up just to watch me and my reactions didn't you?
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

heights unknown

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 09:34:30 PM »
Heights Unknown brain explosion in 3...2...1..
LOLOLOLOL...brains and eggs...here we come!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

Ken_FSU

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2019, 09:35:27 PM »
"Miami-style" more than likely equates to being something much taller than what's in Jax.

Yeah, this was definitely the context that it was discussed in.

Tall, very high rents, "like something you'd see in Brickell."

Was just office and residential when I heard about it last year, no hotel.

I feel like if this thing was imminent though, the developer would have announced something themselves; feels weird for Boyer to be the one to say something first on a radio show.

Probably wouldn't hold my breath for anything this economic cycle.

Snaketoz

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2019, 09:43:02 PM »
So tomorrow he is supposed to appear before a judge about his illegal parking lot in downtown Jax and today DIA and the developer makes this public.  Anyone else skeptical about motivation?
My first thought as well.  My second thought-as likely as Offshore Power Systems floating a nuclear power station off Ponte Vedra.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2019, 09:50:51 PM »
"Miami-style" more than likely equates to being something much taller than what's in Jax.

Yeah, this was definitely the context that it was discussed in.

Tall, very high rents, "like something you'd see in Brickell."

Was just office and residential when I heard about it last year, no hotel.

I feel like if this thing was imminent though, the developer would have announced something themselves; feels weird for Boyer to be the one to say something first on a radio show.

Probably wouldn't hold my breath for anything this economic cycle.

It all sounds like 2005 level fool's gold. There's no Brickell style demand or market for anything in the CBD. If it were, there would be several similar proposals out there as opposed to one random highly conceptual thing that is massively out of scale in comparison with everything else currently in the pipeline.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

heights unknown

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 06:04:11 AM »
OK; I couldn't sleep last night. Had a nightmare that Lori Boyer and Ramon got into a fist fight in her office in which she hit him over the head with her left high heel, and told him to get the hell out; alright, we ain't got this thing built yet? Where the hell are the cranes? Let's get some dirt moving there on old Pearl!

acme54321

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 07:42:43 AM »
So tomorrow he is supposed to appear before a judge about his illegal parking lot in downtown Jax and today DIA and the developer makes this public.  Anyone else skeptical about motivation?

First thing that came to my mind.  This is pie in the sky. Make him rip up that lot then see what he does.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2019, 08:02:28 AM »

First thing that came to my mind.  This is pie in the sky. Make him rip up that lot then see what he does.

His date with the Magistrate has been postponed/deferred.

AdamsOnAdams

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2019, 08:38:57 AM »
Interesting placement of a building that size. Right next to TIAA Bank Center, which would block views of eastern part of city from new building for the first 30 or so floors.

Kerry

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2019, 09:11:12 AM »

I'm shocked - shocked I tell you.
Third Place

heights unknown

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2019, 11:31:58 AM »

I'm shocked - shocked I tell you.
Like I said...IT AIN'T BUILT YET?

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2019, 10:39:54 PM »
Btw great location though