Author Topic: Discount grocer Aldi looking at Philips Highway and Emerson Street site  (Read 2973 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Aldi is considering plans to build a discount grocery store at Philips Highway and Emerson Street at the address of a closed Wells Fargo bank branch.

The 2.78-acre site has been marketed for redevelopment. The two-story 14,580-square-foot building was developed in 1960.

Full Article: https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/discount-grocer-aldi-looking-at-philips-highway-and-emerson-street-site
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Papa33

Re: Discount grocer Aldi looking at Philips Highway and Emerson Street site
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »
Start with the basics.  This ALDI will crush it.  It will be the closest grocer to the new apartments being built on the edge of San Marco on Philips and avoid the sensory overload that can come with shopping at WalMart.

JBTripper

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »
Quick, someone give me a reason to believe this may actually happen.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 12:04:51 PM »
It's nice to see this corridor redeveloping. I wish ALDI would look at a corridor like State & Union.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Captain Zissou

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 12:09:02 PM »
This is good, but if that's all that goes on that prime site I'll be upset.  Throw some small shops in there too.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »

It’s a grocery store and the site is not in San Marco

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 12:29:32 PM »
Lol, your Publix is on the way....soon ;-)

Jagsdrew

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 01:46:18 PM »
It will make an impact especially to Walmart for those that need fresh food only. With the demographics in that area, I expect that store to bring in $150k avg weekly sales and impact the Walmart for 50k.  Walmart currently does ~750K a week, grocery specifically.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

Captain Zissou

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 02:00:16 PM »
It will make an impact especially to Walmart for those that need fresh food only. With the demographics in that area, I expect that store to bring in $150k avg weekly sales and impact the Walmart for 50k.  Walmart currently does ~750K a week, grocery specifically.

Sounds like someone works at SEG corporate.... Oh the memories this brought back.

And SMM... You and MusicMan should dust off your lawn chairs.  Construction is coming to your favorite grass lot.

JBTripper

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 02:08:51 PM »

It’s a grocery store and the site is not in San Marco

It's on the way in and out, which is close enough for me... which probably means this won't happen.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 02:30:26 PM »

And SMM... You and MusicMan should dust off your lawn chairs.  Construction is coming to your favorite grass lot.

Wow. Now I am excited!

Feel free to create the latest “ East San Marco is close to starting” thread with the details!

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 03:20:01 PM »

Wow. Now I am excited!

Feel free to create the latest “ East San Marco is close to starting” thread with the details!

Lol, just wait...
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2019, 06:00:24 PM »

Wow. Now I am excited!

Lol, just wait...

Soon....
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 06:06:21 PM »
Honestly with SM Promenade getting closer to moving in residents.  San Marco Crossing A&B beginning to turn dirt (with several more in the works)....

That area around King/Atlantic/95 is going to be unrecognizable in the next 3-4 years.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Jagsdrew

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2019, 08:53:50 PM »

Sounds like someone works at SEG corporate.... Oh the memories this brought back.

;)
Twitter: @Jagsdrew