Author Topic: SAFE HARBOR TO RIVERSIDE  (Read 1822 times)

Steve

• The Jaxson
Re: SAFE HARBOR TO RIVERSIDE
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 03:28:43 PM »
Has RAP signed off on this yet?

Why would they need to?

Because they oppose most stuff.

Do they? Are you aware of what they’ve green lit without a discussion?

Captain Zissou

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 09:53:51 AM »

Why would they need to?

Kerry's ability to weigh in on stuff he knows nothing about is unparalleled on this forum.  For instance, he probably has no idea that you used to be on the RAP board and are the most knowledgeable person here in regards to what they do and do not sign off on.  Despite this, he charges ahead spouting off about how RAP is the gatekeeper for who can run the food program at an existing business.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 10:32:43 AM »

Why would they need to?

Kerry's ability to weigh in on stuff he knows nothing about is unparalleled on this forum.  For instance, he probably has no idea that you used to be on the RAP board and are the most knowledgeable person here in regards to what they do and do not sign off on.  Despite this, he charges ahead spouting off about how RAP is the gatekeeper for who can run the food program at an existing business.

You're right. The constant negativity just grinds on me. I'm the first to admit RAP doesn't get everything right. Even when I was there, I look back on things and say, "wow, I wish I considered X and spoke up on it."

This one is just one that I can't fathom a challenge on. It's been a restaurant with a full bar since I've lived in Florida.

Kerry

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 03:31:20 PM »
Wow you guys are sensitive.  "Has RAP signed off on this", is a simple question.  RAP has opposed lots of restaurants and other developments, some of which that aren't even in their boundary - they seems to have an issue with anything that might increase traffic.  If RAP did review it the answer is "Yes".
Third Place

Peter Griffin

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 03:48:10 PM »
Wow you guys are sensitive.  "Has RAP signed off on this", is a simple question.  RAP has opposed lots of restaurants and other developments, some of which that aren't even in their boundary - they seems to have an issue with anything that might increase traffic.  If RAP did review it the answer is "Yes".

Yeah, you got kinda dogpiled here. Your question made it look like you had assumed this was a new restaurant being built in 5 Points, when the reality of the situation is that this restaurateur is filling the vacant kitchen at the current Marah Brewing bar/restaurant.

Marah Brewing has had guest chefs in their kitchen before, I got a decent pasta dish from there a few months ago, but it seems now they've elected to have this seafood restaurant pickup their kitchen space permanently.

Seems like a misunderstanding. This forum can be a bit toxic at times. 

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 04:50:31 PM »

You're right, the constant negativity did get to me.

Kerry, to directly answer your question: RAP legally doesn't sign off on anything. The COJ does. Now, given that the place is currently permitted to be a restaurant by right, no zoning review needs to take place. Thus, there is nothing to sign off on by either the city.

While I suppose in theory RAP could raise an issue with it (as we all know you can sue anyone for anything at any time; just doesn't mean you'll win), I can't imagine what any objection would be as the use is effectively the same as the last three tenants, except I believe Marah doesn't offer liquor when the other three did.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 05:01:24 PM »

Let's let this go, but I also responded to your question with a simple question. Without knowing what they've approved without even a discussion (even if you collected everything they opposed), you can't say they oppose "most stuff".

Moving on.....

Anyone know a timeline for this? I've seen the awning, but that's all I know.